• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OA Boardies, explain your usernames...
2 2

63 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, hmendryk said:

Like others I do not believe in hiding behind fake names. I have always used hmendryk everyplace on Internet when asked to create a screen name. Mendryk is not a common name so I never had a problem with it.

Harry

Say it out loud backwards and you may be deported to the 5th dimension.....:roflmao:

18 hours ago, aokartman said:

The AOK reference stands for Albright Original Kollection, or Kards, or Komics,  and the artman is for when I'm about the original komic art!

Hence, aokartman.  See pic, and click through a couple times for full flavor....

My ebay handle is bakeralbright never a negative the name is my wife's maiden name and my last name.

David S. Albright

Image.jpg

And here I thought yours was easy. A- okay- artman! Lol!

6 hours ago, batman_fan said:

My name is derived from my love of Batman (not in the same way Robin loves Batman).  People have suggested I change it to P'Nutz but I don't understand why.

batman_fan is dead!  Long live P'Nutz!

I collect in a very selective way, rather looking for personal representative examples, so Pickie comes from picky. I also love to be on quests for locating comic book rarities (in Europe, that is), so I like the idea of my username being an acronym as well (Private Investigations on Comic Keys by International Experts), it's fun.

11 hours ago, batman_fan said:

My name is derived from my love of Batman (not in the same way Robin loves Batman).  People have suggested I change it to P'Nutz but I don't understand why.

Yo, m'man, P-Nutz! 

Sounds like something I would have suggested after consuming a few beers ;)

Oh, wait, maybe I did . . . :grin:

I've always had an affinity for villains since my childhood days (Decepticons, Cobra, V.E.N.O.M., etc.) so I wanted to come up with a cool name while not copying any established villainous characters (i.e. Megatron1984 or Storm Shadow84).  So I figured a lot of bad guys have triple names so I went for the 3 most traitorous people I could think of: Benedict Arnold (traitor to the Continental Army), Judas Iscariot (no explanation needed), and Cain (traitor to his brother, Abel).  Hence, I would be Benedict Judas Cain, the most wicked bad guy in the galaxy!

Unfortunately, the previous forum I joined had a character limit that cut off the last letter of "Cain" and I refused to make my username all 1 run-on word so I had to come up with a 3-letter villainous name.  That's how I came up with the original Asgardian goddess of death, Hel.  And thus that's what I became there and what I am here.

First week of a 20+ year run working at a prestigious academic college that plays Division I athletics (and also happens to be my alma mater).  I  was hired as the (as it was then titled) Sports Information Director (SID) and was up at practice when the head coach brought me into the huddle to introduce me to the team.  He goes, this is Frank Mas...uh.. This is Frank Mastrauan... uh... This is Frankie Maz."  So I became Frankie Maz.  ONLY to basketball players and alumni... no other sports, really...  Even after 20 years, there is still a group of basketball alumni and a few old-school media members from back then who call me Maz, (even though there's no Z anywhere in my name)... so, thus, FMaz.

Just now, GotSuperPowers? said:

I'm on quest to find a real-world person with super powers.  This has brought me to Ohio where I feel I'm sooooo close to the ultimate discovery.

Oh and I want to hide behind a screen name so no one will know who I am.  I used a confusing avatar to further that goal.