• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Confusion: Why is this a Blue label??

11 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, AndrewCup said:

Saw this on eBay from a reputable seller.  Clearly stated that it has color touch, pieces added, glue, reinforcement, and 3 trimmed edges.

Why is this not Purple? 

US Jones 1.JPG

This is that special purple-to-blue service. Remember? They told all the cool people?

Oh, wait...

..never mind. ;)

5 hours ago, AndrewCup said:

Saw this on eBay from a reputable seller.  Clearly stated that it has color touch, pieces added, glue, reinforcement, and 3 trimmed edges.

Why is this not Purple? 

US Jones 1.JPG

There are several reasons why this can happen, but the most common one is because after it was graded, the graders didn't change the label field to "Restored" on their computer. When the books are received at CGC, the Receiving team will usually enter "Universal" into the label field. If no one changes it, the book will end up printing out as a blue label Universal regardless of what's written on the label. If no one catches it after that, it will go out the door that way...

looks like a CGC QC error or miss. 

1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Because Stone Cold, I mean CGC, Mr. Magoo said so!

I don't think this could be a Mr. Magoo issue as he did spot the restoration he must have forgotten to change it from universal to restored though.. I guess. lol