• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are your collecting goals for 2020?
5 5

180 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol I thought you were waiting for my update, since mine were received at CGC on 11/8/19

Just because it might be me, ...... I called today, "the customer rep" said mine were at "SFG", but it hasn't updated on "my tracking yet"...... when it does I'll update the Current TAT thread :foryou: 

It was YOU...I had to edit the post immediately when I realized it :roflmao:

14 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

I'm not sure on the exact location,I know them from seeing them set up for years here.They are on fb as Kitchener Comics Wharehouse of Love.The boards won't let me link it.But manoman,the stuff I've pulled from the boxes there over the years...glorious.I don't travel too well these days lol besides dog walking.

thanks for the tip.. Sorry you dont travel well these days... :foryou:

Here's my most desired books to get in 2020:

1) Amazing Spider-Man #13 (CGC mid-grade) - I need to replace the CGC 7.0 I sold for $2300 in June
2) Avengers #8 (CGC 6.0 or higher)
3) X-Men #2 (CGC 6.0 or higher) - trying to complete an X-Men #1 - #20 run in CGC 6.0 or above
4) X-Men #6 (CGC 6.0 or higher) - see above
5) X-Men #10 (CGC 6.0 or higher - see above
6) Justice League of America #21 - #22 (CGC 7.5 or higher)
7) Tales of Suspense #57 (CGC 4.5 - 6.0)

Also, as someone mentioned above, another goal is to spend LESS money. I went way overboard in 2019.

Joe

Edited by Joe Ankenbauer

My main goal for 2020 is to add Night Nurse #1 and #4 to my collection. Finding a copy of #4 shouldn't be too much trouble but I'm super cheap and even low-grade copies of #1 are often expensive. I'd also like to finish my original recipe Guardians of the Galaxy collection, which is missing Marvel Super-Heroes #18, among other early books featuring the group. Finding a cheap copy will also be a challenge.

11 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

3. Complete some runs. I am close to the Marvel Feature run from the 70s featuring Red Sonja. Same with her solo series from the 70's. I also want to complete some other oddball titles like Black Goliath, Champions, Inhumans and Supernatural Thrillers from the 70s. 

So doable, and really rewarding to revisit those runs for years to come!  :cloud9:

I finished some major collecting goals this year, so next year will be interesting.

My run of Wonder Woman from 178-327 was completed along with Deadly Hands of Kung Fu and most of the Avengers from 100-300. I also finally finished Mandrake and Flash Gordon from King Comics.

I'm going to see what other Black and White Magazines I can find as well as working on my Phantoms from Gold Key, King, and Charlton.

Any chance I have to pick up nice Charltons or Dell/Gold Keys at affordable prices, I'll take it.

To go back to mom’s house and finally get my long boxes of 1980s comics packed up and shipped.

To complete my John Byrne X-Men run.

To save up for a higher grade X-Men 94.

To sell my Jr. Varsity X-Men slabs to put toward said 94.

To clean and press some worthy raw X-Men books and slab them.

To not spend as much as I did in 2019.

Don't plan on buying any new books in '20 unless something comes along my way that really catches my fancy.  In fact, this is the year I might trim some of my books from my already small collection.

23 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

I feel your pain.Deeply.Why I'm looking at more Edition Heritage rarities.Almost always in Loon,twoon prices and from Quebec/Montreal area.Helps a bunch.

If you ever get a chance,you're in GTA?Check out the Kitchener comics wharehouse,Wes is a great dude and the rest of the staff,and Guardian Comics plus Iceman399 on here are close to you too and great,great guys,Eric and Jim both.

I have dreams of turning about twenty long into a half dozen prizes-alas,I'm a lazy bahookie hoarder lol 

My problem is that when it comes time to downsize, I go through the boxes and suddenly it's "Oh, well, I can't possibly sell THAT one...oh, and this one has sentimental value...oh, and this one is part of that set, if I keep this one I have to keep these," etc. It's tough!