• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are your collecting goals for 2020?
5 5

180 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, musicmeta said:

Like they always are from one year to the next...buy every golden/silver/bronze age comic in NM+/MINT or graded in 9.8 white! .....Let's Dream(Hallucinate) Big I say! .....
...Now on a more realistic level per my income...Will shoot for Silver Surfer in 9.4 White and Conan #1 in 9.6 White...Also Doc Savage #2 in 9.8 White (Marvel from the 70's that only ran 8 issues).  
There are several more books but those are the tops ones for now and will involve me selling some books to help pay for these. 

:shy: what issue of Silver Surfer?

1 minute ago, musicmeta said:

Thanks for pointing it out..#4 which has one of my favorite covers of all time! Simply love that cover!  I've edited my post to show it's #4

Admirable Goals FO! sho! :) Conan too! :x I need to upgrade my #1!

Id like a new sketch from someone at C2E2 (Havent decided who), crime suspenstories 20 (its becoming a book that might price me out), weird science-fantasy 29 (again this one is getting up there) and out of price range is $300 plus...I just cant at the moment.

or just cracking 180 EC books....last count was 170

3 hours ago, MisterX said:

Why have you decided to move on?

My collection is always at risk of fire/flood/theft. I am looking forward to retiring someday

I could not absorb that loss without a negative impact on my retirement nest egg

I have moved to an asset less prone to risk, a second home

While the same risks remain, the value of the home lies mostly with the land it sits on

After not being able to hit any conventions last year due to work travel my collection didn't grow at all last year so my goals this year are pretty mundane.

• I would like to add 25 books to my X-Men V2 collection.
  • I really need to sell off a short box of CGC golden age under copies that have been collecting dust.
  • There are some various Defiant, Malibu, and Ultraverse variant books i've been looking to pick up.

I'm sure this year i'll also add to my sketch and comic art collection but do not have anything anything attainable on the radar yet.

3 minutes ago, DougC said:

After not being able to hit any conventions last year due to work travel my collection didn't grow at all last year so my goals this year are pretty mundane.

• I would like to add 25 books to my X-Men V2 collection.
  • I really need to sell off a short box of CGC golden age under copies that have been collecting dust.
  • There are some various Defiant, Malibu, and Ultraverse variant books i've been looking to pick up.

I'm sure this year i'll also add to my sketch and comic art collection but do not have anything anything attainable on the radar yet.

The Big 1,000! Posts! :banana: giphy.gif

image.png