• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This magazine is haunted 3

27 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Mak420 said:

Hey guys!
So the book is graded but I have a issue.

On the graders notes it says the cover is reattached with tape. When I looked through this book and took pictures I didn’t see any tape. Could this be a mistake?

Isn't this a piece here next to the staple?

It does look like the covers may have been completely split and reattached. Hard to say, but if done discreetly it could have been hard to spot.

641713011_ScreenShot2020-02-13at9_46_49PM.png.54827589d56dda3625369b0184aff290.png

12 hours ago, Point Five said:

It sure looks like tape to me.  There may also be tape along the upper portion of the inside spine.  Those separations between the split front and back covers are not the same color as the outermost interior wrap.

TMIH-3.jpg.d1650a789e5c653ea769ddf92cefd3a7.jpg

I am very surprised this got a 1.0, and I think the main reason is the tape holding the cover together. I have a Tales of Suspense #39 CGC 0.5 that looks exactly like this (well, the front cover has no holes in it though so it presents a little better) with chipping/pieces missing and a spit spine - only difference is there isn't any tape holding the cover on. I would be super happy with the 1.0 in this case :)

On 2/13/2020 at 9:51 PM, Point Five said:

It does look like the covers may have been completely split and reattached. Hard to say, but if done discreetly it could have been hard to spot.

641713011_ScreenShot2020-02-13at9_46_49PM.png.54827589d56dda3625369b0184aff290.png

Thank you so much! When time passes it’s hard to remember exactly how the book looked! I am glad I had an extra set of eyes to check it out! Thank you for the help! 
that does in fact look like tape!

Should be in the mail tomorrow! I’ll be sure to post pictures!