• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Green label blues....

10 posts in this topic

So, I submitted a copy of The Shadow #1 to be signed by Mike Kaluta.  I submitted the comic through Desert Wind Comics, and when I submitted it, the comic was not signed by any member of the creative team.  The cover was not written upon, nothing.  I got the comic back this past weekend - yes, Kaluta did sign it, but it looks like maybe Denny O'Neill was sitting next to him or maybe visiting his table, and Denny signed it too.  The comic got back to me with a green label - witnessed sig from Mike Kaluta, and then "Name Written in Marker on Cover".  Just because I didn't pay the extra witnessing fee, they gave me back a qualified signature label.  It seems unfair; couldn't CGC or Desert Wind have called me and asked if they could charge the additional witnessing fee (or have me mail a check) to get both signatures verified?  The witness was (presumably) standing right there watching both creators.  I guess it leaves a sour taste in my mouth for this whole witnessed signature thing.  My submission for the McFarlane signing with CGC will be my last.

Welcome To The Boards!!!

I cannot give you an exact answer since do not send books to be graded nor do I have books signed, however...

Sounds like a business adhering to their rules (I have no idea what those rules are) that are written in the fine print.

Unfortunately with most business's it is always about the :flipbait:

Have you tried to contact CGC directly to get clarification on the issue?

Update: Desert Wind/Celestial Comics has replied that they're able to fix it.  Does anyone else agree that they should have given me the option BEFORE handing the book over to CGC?  I don't know if I want to pay the shipping and re-holder charge to get this fixed because of this reason....

1 hour ago, Bird said:

tell them that you want what you paid for. Any additional charges due to their mistakes should not be passed on to you

Well...it's more complicated than that;  I paid for a Kaluta signature and got a Kaluta signature.  My suspicion is that Denny was sitting next to him at the con and he just (thinking correctly that it would be a nice thing for a fan but not understanding the business of signature witnessing) took the book and spontaneously put his signature on it.  The marker ink is exactly the same color and I know I sent an unsigned book in.  I just feel like if the witness was standing there watching this happen, the witness could have reached out to me (my contact info is on the form, after all) and asked if I wanted to pay the additional sig witness fee for Denny O'Neill's signature.  Again, I don't know if it's fair of me to expect that or not, but I'm reluctant to pay for shipping the book back and then paying the addt'l fee and then also paying return shipping...oy vey the $$$.....:(

8 minutes ago, kmiracleman said:

They only replied that they would get back to me and it could be "fixed".  More details to come later.  I don't know if I'm being a baby about this or not...

I don't want to say "yes", but, quitting the CGC SS program because of 1 experience is an exaggerated reaction. :censored: happens, and you've conveyed that it's "fixable".

Ok folkies I just happen to come on looking to see what was happening. Please note that we only check the boards once in a while. If you need to contact us, the best thing to do is email us at Chandler@desertwindcomics.com or Sharon@celestial-comics.com or call us at 702-592-4792. The usual reason for a slow reply from us is because we are at an average of about 30-35 cons/signings a year so we are not in the office for periods of time. While it is easy to say, can’t you get your email anywhere, we average about 100 emails a day, so when you are at a con for 3-4 days straight and then on an airplane just after that, access to emails and the internet can often be difficult at times. 

kmiracleman have you talked to me yet? I am Chandler. If not, please email me you info including you CGC invoice number. This is an easy fix, usually just a mix up in paperwork. Again because we are at as many shows as we do each year, hiccups and mistakes do happen. Thank you.