• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are people posting big wins on CAF?
3 3

123 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, gumbydarnit said:

Looks like the answer is yes. The winner of the Byrne Black Costume Spidey cover has posted it on CAF. He was rewarded with a ton of comments:

https://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1596932

Congrats, Robert W!

CAF price-to-comment ratio (how all comic art is judged): $3,214.29 per comment

23 minutes ago, MYNAMEISLEGION said:

(Views/comments)/# of boobs 

I'm interested if there is a correlation and not as a joke.  

In MLB, those front offices like Tampa Bay, the Dodgers, and the A's look for market inefficiencies to exploit.  I've long suspected that there would be a correlation between women and comics and value but difficult to put a number on it and how much effect it does have.

36 minutes ago, Peter L said:

In MLB, those front offices like Tampa Bay, the Dodgers, and the A's look for market inefficiencies to exploit.  I've long suspected that there would be a correlation between women and comics and value but difficult to put a number on it and how much effect it does have.

I haven't done any formal analysis but I have noticed that "better" artists / pages attract higher comments per view....risque materials gets views but not so many comments - that said, I feel nicely rendered women drive higher prices especially on less important pages

Edited by mtlevy1
more words

I think commissions tend to generate a lot more comments than most published pieces which would be deemed substantially more valuable. A new commission is new art no one else has ever seen before and engenders discussion both of the piece and its production. The piece is center to the conversation rather than the acquisition.

15 hours ago, Peter L said:

it can be both real and a joke!

My top ten most viewed pieces of art versus top most commented-  2 completely different lists. 9 or the most viewed have boobs on them. The one outlier has a couple of keywords that must account for its high number of views, and perhaps it got linked somewhere and took off, because I've never gone out of my way to inflate those numbers.  

of my top ten most viewed, collectively, they have a total of 29 comments, half on the Guice and Savage Sword. My next top ten are all boobs too, and the comments are almost nonexistent. 

conclusion: Boobs > comments

2075421017_ScreenShot2019-12-29at11_46_42AM.png.dfc5a50f7a34094db653dd5758bd4e7d.png

Edited by MYNAMEISLEGION

26 minutes ago, alxjhnsn said:

Glad you did and likewise!

At the end of the day, I figured it is better to share.

BTW, as to the inker on this piece, Heritage says "The inker is unknown, but both Dan Adkins and John Verpoorten have been suggested".  Any idea anybody?

On 12/29/2019 at 9:56 AM, MYNAMEISLEGION said:

My experience is similar, No overlap in Top 10 Views and Top 10 Comments

Risque content = Views

Better Art = Comments

Most views does not mean most comments...

Edited by mtlevy1

On 12/29/2019 at 12:56 PM, MYNAMEISLEGION said:

it can be both real and a joke!

My top ten most viewed pieces of art versus top most commented-  2 completely different lists. 9 or the most viewed have boobs on them. The one outlier has a couple of keywords that must account for its high number of views, and perhaps it got linked somewhere and took off, because I've never gone out of my way to inflate those numbers.  

of my top ten most viewed, collectively, they have a total of 29 comments, half on the Guice and Savage Sword. My next top ten are all boobs too, and the comments are almost nonexistent. 

conclusion: Boobs > comments

2075421017_ScreenShot2019-12-29at11_46_42AM.png.dfc5a50f7a34094db653dd5758bd4e7d.png

I would have expected your “giant clam” page to get a LOT of views :$