• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are people posting big wins on CAF?
3 3

123 posts in this topic

On 12/19/2019 at 9:39 AM, grapeape said:

Dear P-Nutz,

•I was scrolling through the various Schulz daily strips you have. I’d like to make you an offer on what I consider the weakest of your collection.

•You have Schroeder playing the piano but only Lucy is listening. You have Snoopy dancing in every panel but where’s the doghouse? And the Red Baron? Then you have Lucy pulling the football away from Charlie Brown in the final panel but you can’t see the zig zag on his yellow shirt cuz he’s flying upside down after missing the ball.

•Even with all of those letdowns it is still a Schulz. I can check it off my list even if I probably won’t even bother to frame and display it. So I’d like to offer you (fill in low ball offer here) for it. I think it’s more than fair and no one else will offer you as much considering all the deficiencies I have pointed out to you.

Let me know,

Clueless.

"I'm sorry to hear you think so little of the piece. To be honest, I had been thinking of selling it anyway, but you've reminded me that it could well end up with someone who doesn't appreciate it as much as I do and I couldn't bear that thought, so I've decided to hold on to it after all."