• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Final Price Cut! Amazing Spider-Man #129 CGC 9.6 W 1st Punisher

12 posts in this topic

I've been warned and will comply.  I'm not trying to spam here just trying to follow the rules so please do let me know if anything on here is wrong or needs to be changed and I will comply as well as my price drops.  I was planning on dropping the price up to 2x a week bumping each time until it sells or I get tired of updating it.  However I've received clarification from the mods that I bumped that last thread 6 times without an actual price reduction or useful information to which I disagree (it was 3x).  Though price updates are excluded from the 3 bumps total rule, the spirit and intent of the rule is to prevent long-lived sales threads from taking up front page real estate even with legitimate updates to pricing. As such I won't be able to continue as planned and will instead drop the price periodically but only bump 3 more times before the thread is no longer editable or considered to be totally dead.

1 High Grade Spidey for sale.  Another price reduction.

ASM #129 CGC 9.6 W pages. 1st Appearance of the Punisher.  Asking $6000 $5000 shipped. Cheaper than anything on ebay! PM's and offers welcome.

First :takeit:in thread or in PM with time stamp trumps all ongoing PMs. 

Paypal preferred but I will accept checks or money orders.

Shipping will be via priority fully insured very safe/secure packaging.

Returns accepted within 14 days of receipt of package if no damage to case or comic not caused by shipping.

Thank you for looking.

Amazing Spider-Man #129 CGC 9.6 WHITE PAGES. 1st Appearance of the Punisher. $5,000 shipped. PM's and offers welcome.

Beautiful colors, deep reds and yellows.

979702995_ASM1299_6FC.thumb.jpg.577d799f3a11d3fdc6e5b85e0ebb4a8e.jpg1323986364_ASM1299_6BC.thumb.jpg.2a47f35caf2cb70c45b5226d7a065678.jpg

Edited by justafan
price reduction

On 1/6/2020 at 7:43 AM, justafan said:

Price cut.  May be the last one, not sure, haven't decided yet.  Price is now $5050. Way cheaper than what's available on ebay especially with taxes factored in.

You may have to...  GPA is $4340 with last sale of $3900 (which to me looks like a one off given the other sales this past year with one other low sale of $4100).  A lot of people here look for some sort of discount off of eBay prices since everyone knows eBay takes a 10% cut.  Selling on here you take a 2.9% cut going through PayPal.  Sorry, I’m not trying to thread , just trying to help.  Your book is awesome and very clean. (thumbsu

4 hours ago, bcphillips119 said:

You may have to...  GPA is $4340 with last sale of $3900 (which to me looks like a one off given the other sales this past year with one other low sale of $4100).  A lot of people here look for some sort of discount off of eBay prices since everyone knows eBay takes a 10% cut.  Selling on here you take a 2.9% cut going through PayPal.  Sorry, I’m not trying to thread , just trying to help.  Your book is awesome and very clean. (thumbsu

That is all true, but assumes sellers here want to actually sell their book.  lol

Given the slow but steady drop in price for this book throughout 2019, I don't see anyone biting on a 9.6 White on these boards for anything more than $4.5K.  I bought several copies of ASM 129 in 9.4 and 9.6 last year and it seems as though I've overpaid.  Hopefully, 2020 will see a strong turnaround for this book.

On 1/8/2020 at 3:01 AM, Gruson said:

Waiting for the price cut to $4k. :)

It might get there if the mods allow it....it just might be November by the time it gets to $4k at the rate I'm going.  Of course by then it'll probably be a $3k book. lol

BTW, This post will also serve as my potentially Final Price cut to $5000 !!!  :news:

On 1/9/2020 at 8:28 AM, bcphillips119 said:

I totally hear where you're coming from and agree with your explanation. I do appreciate the comments as it helps to understand what others may be thinking. My error is that 12 month GPA when I listed fall of last year was $6k.  Then a bunch of 9.6's sold at auction on ebay (OW/W pages) and Clink between $3600 and $4800 which brought things way down but prices always trend lower at the end of the year but tend to pick back up in the Spring when folks get their tax refunds.  Had 12 month GPA been at $4300 I might have started there.  But prices have been all over the map lately.  I think the Punisher show had a lot to do with the run up to $6k for the 9.6 grade and now that its off Netflix with an uncertain future with Disney, the speculation and drive of the book may have dried up.  I am indeed looking to sell this book but I am not in a hurry.  Just a seller taking his time hoping to find a buyer on here at a price that satisfies us both while still cutting them a deal from what others are offering even if not quite at GPA levels.  I don't think GPA takes taxes into consideration does it?

The arguments for my pricing at this point are that many are already getting a 5-10% sales tax discount on the price depending on what state you live in.  I eat the shipping and the paypal fees which come to $200 total .  Sales taxes might be another factor why prices have dropped off as you now have to factor in an extra $250-$500 in taxes for a $5000 book on ebay and other places.  Sure there's a 9.6 White with a damaged case that'll need a reholder going for $4800 + $40 shipping on ebay right now.  Reholder will be $30+shipping both ways.. Taxes on that in most states will range between $240 and $480 bringing the purchase to  between $5080 and $5320 once taxes and shipping are factored in. Reholder may add another $90 on top with shipping.  My book, at its NEW PRICE of $5000 shipped is still cheaper than anything available for sale on the market.

The other ebay 9.6 White pagers are listed at $6595, $5400, $5700, $5750 some with shipping.  In contrast, my NEW asking price of $5000 is already 8%-31% lower than the lowest undamaged 9.6 White being offered for sale + another 5-10% savings without charging sales tax brings the total discount a buyer is getting to the offerered ebay prices between ~13% to 41% depending on which book they buy and which state they live in. 

But if the Mods allowed it I would continue to drop the price until it met the CGC board market clearing price.  Unfortunately I don't think they will especially after this post which I'm trying to also use as my legitimate Price Update bump but that got it removed last time. So consider this the Final price drop before it get's pulled by the mods and having to move it to ebay and FB/instagram.  If it doesn't sell there I'll bring it back here at whatever GPA is at the time.

On 1/9/2020 at 12:32 PM, 90sChild said:

That is all true, but assumes sellers here want to actually sell their book.  lol

Oh but I do.

2 hours ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Given the slow but steady drop in price for this book throughout 2019, I don't see anyone biting on a 9.6 White on these boards for anything more than $4.5K.  I bought several copies of ASM 129 in 9.4 and 9.6 last year and it seems as though I've overpaid.  Hopefully, 2020 will see a strong turnaround for this book.

Too true.  Might have to try other venues before starting a new sales thread with it at $4500.  Here's hoping for a Punsiher movie or season 3 on Disney+ to give it a boost. 

2 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

I don't follow ASM129 buying prices but I do think I recall seeing a couple sell for 6K+ on Pedigree Comics last year.

Yep, and that was the peak.  Probably 2 guys duking it out over an upgrade candidate and lead to my starting price point. :tonofbricks: