• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Comics #14 1939
1 1

6 posts in this topic

I have this coverless Action Comics issue #14. One page is loose and one is missing but all of the Superman pages are there. Most of the pages are held by the bottom staple only. It belongs to a neighbor of mine and they are offering it to me. Does anyone know what a fair price would be?

supermanbook.jpg

here's what I can find on GPA but I would be in the range of 500+ to 900 based on recent sales. 

image.thumb.png.2e143bd9535b96de2c3990c3e1b9debf.png

also you might have this removed as you posted this in the selling area this might be a question to ask in the GA section of the forums... 

Edited by Krismusic

1 hour ago, aardvark88 said:

Guess-timate $300, as coverless 9_9 Action #14 missing 1 page (or 1 wrap?).

I would agree that $300 would be tops for this, however, I could be wrong. 

Could you tell us which page, pages, or wrap is missing?   

I'd take into consideration that the book looks like the spine might be brittle, at least the top half does. That means you might have all the pages separate at one point, which very well might make the pool of people willing to purchase it much smaller (and make it worth a little less).

Edited by skypinkblu

5 hours ago, Hudson said:

I would agree that $300 would be tops for this, however, I could be wrong. 

Could you tell us which page, pages, or wrap is missing?   

One page from the Zatara story is missing. The loose page is also from the Zatara story. The final page which is an advertisement page is missing as well. many of the pages have pulled away from the top staple.