• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restored DD 7 on feebay

37 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Well I hope there is a bond there well enough to get a decent refund if you plan on keeping it!

It's a decent book! Except for the resto, not bad at t'all 

It's going back for a refund.  I don't have any desire for restored books.  In his defense I have gotten some awesome books from him including Batmans in the 100's that were high grade and most of the books

have gorgeous white pages.  Very white! 

Just now, ROBTOTHEC said:

It's going back for a refund.  I don't have any desire for restored books.  In his defense I have gotten some awesome books from him including Batmans in the 100's that were high grade and most of the books

have gorgeous white pages.  Very white! 

Still Awesome! and a Happy Ending! :banana: I wasn't sure at first which it was, but was staying positive :) 

Sounds like he got a teachable moment and strong seller and buyer bond for the WIN! 

1 hour ago, ROBTOTHEC said:

I did realize it right away!!  I'm trying to educate the seller on it.  He has bought from me in the past. He's a good person just didn't know that much about the resto. 

My feeling exactly and what I suspected when I looked at his other $100 and up books. The undisclosed spine inking struck me as an isolated incident once I took a look at his other listings. Your first impression would be, "How could he have missed this" when you see something that obvious, but then we must realize, we see this all the time. I have no doubt he just wasn't aware of what it was and how it would affect the value, thus responsibility to disclose it.

Wish I could say this was an easy return but not so much.  First of all I messaged the seller while the auction was live and said the book looked trimmed and could he guarantee there is no restoration.  His response was:                      The Person I bought it from claimed they was sole owner and I haven't touched it since I received it and did my original reading and pictures for insurance and then again for this so if it was done, it was not done by my hands. I have seen a few touch up jobs and this doesn't look like one. But I am moving them out so no, I will not be taking returns as it says in my listings but as my feedback shows I try to list and show damage where I can. Usually on trim jobs they screw up and make too perfect or too uneven but this looks really close to the cuts of 6 and 8 so I don't think anyone as messed with it.

Then when I got it and requested a return and sent him the pictures of the color touch and bleed through on the inside he said he will take it back but disagrees about the CT!     HUH??

Finally got the refund today but with no acknowledgment or apology or anything like that.    Disappointing... 

dd7c.thumb.jpg.0bae69816bb9788b7c24b90daf32515f.jpg

On 12/31/2019 at 9:35 PM, ROBTOTHEC said:

But I am moving them out so no, I will not be taking returns as it says in my listings

Imagine a time when sellers would say this, and could actually mean it. 

That's how ebay was from 1996-ish to about 2010 or so.

Aaaaannnddd... it sold again, with no mention of resto but at least this time he put a pic in of the CT bleed on the interior. People really must have money to throw around if they are bidding $1500 and not paying any attention at all to the pics posted.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Daredevil-DC-1964-7-/362920161758?nma=true&si=X9%2FVL3wy47uhT5Uww0W93GY3bFw%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

If it wasn't intentional the first time around, the deception is intentional this time:

"No cut out or writing or touch ups as I know of unless stated"

No touch ups as I know of unless stated?

It's mail order fraud. He's aware of the work and makes no mention of it.

Once his buyer discovers that they've been provably defrauded, the buyer should go straight to his state AGs office and file a criminal complaint before initiating a return for a refund. . .