• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

YEAR IN REVIEW: What you’ve collected in 2019 with recommendations.
4 4

79 posts in this topic

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 1:29 PM, Robot Man said:

As you all know, I'm the odd ball here. In addition to comics, I love all the other stuff too and have since the dawn of my collecting days. Might bore a lot of you but these are standouts at least for me. In no particular order.

Sergent Preston of the Yukon Premium Pinback. I have lusted after this forever. Maybe the prettiest of all character premium pins. Has always been very popular with collectors of these. And, for premiums, VERY expensive back in the day. Always just a little out of reach on the rare occasions when I saw one for sale. A few months ago, I was lucky enough to finally land one and at a great price buried on the bay. I about kissed my mail man when it arrived!

sergeantprestonpin.jpg

Robot Man,

Great find on one of my favorite pinbacks!  It is one of the few I am still looking for and hope to find in the coming year.  Congratulations!

1 hour ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

“Today Toro met his doom. He was insured”?

Fire insurance (thumbsu

6 hours ago, Yellow Kid said:

Robot Man,

Great find on one of my favorite pinbacks!  It is one of the few I am still looking for and hope to find in the coming year.  Congratulations!

Thanks Rich.As I said, it took me a long time to finally land one at a price I thought made sense. It is just such a beautiful button. Good luck in your search. If I should run across another one, I'll let you know.

Now, if I can only find that US Jones pin, I can die happy...:roflmao:

On 12/20/2019 at 5:48 PM, Monkeyman said:

Always happy to buy OA from a comic a remember from when I was a kid, especially Avengers 129 and G-S Avengers 2.

RAD5BDBD2019814_1166.jpg

mitmw.PNG.0630a738cc37d384c9d7aaf5af6222ae.PNG :cloud9:

On 12/21/2019 at 11:18 AM, Inaflash said:

In the past couple of years I have been actively pursuing L.B. Cole cover books, especially romance and sci-fi, so here are a few treasures I bought this year.

0CD93C20-E576-4FEC-92A7-C0FED4830F85.jpeg

84A25BB8-C913-4DB1-B8AC-44604F2EE556.jpeg

All great,but these two...just jaw dropping.Beautiful comics sir,make my heart go pitter patter.

On 12/19/2019 at 5:29 AM, Cat-Man_America said:

Also collected this year, something appealing to both the pulp and fine art side this impressive fantasy work by Margaret Brundage...

lf.thumb.jpeg.c493304138baf405445a5b5f58571992.jpeg

:tink:

Hey Cat, love that piece! I actually had my eye on it as well when it came up for auction. I know that most of Margaret's pulp work was done in pastel which is why very little has survived, that piece looks like it might be gouache, do you know?