• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

please grade my GA Human Torch 8

9 posts in this topic

This copy has great gloss and color, but you can see it also has a few flaws- most irritating is the chip out of the top left corner. It also has some spine roll, a couple tears at the top staple a reading crease down the spine where I'm guessing the cover was once folded over, and more visible on the back cover scan, there is a non-color breaking crease down the center of the book. The pages are cream, and therre is no tanning on the inside covers. I'm also thinking about selling and wonder if it pays to slab.

897557-ht8fc.jpg

897557-ht8fc.jpg.efb78e13523deb3b94742850bddc91f9.jpg

Hmmm - I see my new scanner doesn't work quite the same as my old - I will try to figure out how to post a larger image.

Okay - my new scanner came with Photostudio which is telling me my scanned image jpeg is approx. 7 X 10, but when I open the icon it is about the same size as what gets posted here. If I make the image larger it becomes too degraded to post - I've scanned at 50dpi - which is low I know, but my old scanner with Adobe Photoshop would allow a decent posting at that resolution. I know this has been asked a number of times - but can anyone help me with this.

Just too nice for standard VG but the top corner is too nasty for VGF+.

150 DPI is the min. I'd ever use.

edit:

My scanner doesn't even go below 75dpi. gossip.gif

Okay - i got tired of f'ing around with the photostudio software and just signed up with photobucket - so here is a decent scan of the front cover.

back cover to follow

fcht8.jpg