• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Print run information for Warren Magazines
1 1

16 posts in this topic

Took the best picture I could while holding the iPad and book. Published in Gathering Horror. I’ve not seen anything more detailed than this. Easier than looking at the publisher statements in the mags, as they were very sporadically printed. It has been noted that Warren may not have been terribly accurate in this reporting, and it is an average. 

BDD0F607-F276-4491-AD12-80AFCB48DC1C.thumb.jpeg.33dc18512588974439df3584f60a628a.jpeg

11 hours ago, Stevemmg said:

Took the best picture I could while holding the iPad and book. Published in Gathering Horror. I’ve not seen anything more detailed than this. Easier than looking at the publisher statements in the mags, as they were very sporadically printed. It has been noted that Warren may not have been terribly accurate in this reporting, and it is an average. 

BDD0F607-F276-4491-AD12-80AFCB48DC1C.thumb.jpeg.33dc18512588974439df3584f60a628a.jpeg

Could you flatten this out a bit and then scan it?  It would help make it more legible.  :wishluck:

11 hours ago, Hamlet said:

I think that there is real potential for a lot of these books to go from generally available at reasonable prices ( outside of higher grades ) to pretty darn expensive in a fairly short period of time if they ever become more than a pretty specialized niche.

These print runs aren’t huge for the time period, and I suspect they weren’t saved at as high a rate as comics since they were not as convenient to protect and store.  Who had magazine bags handy in the 70s ?

That could just be the enthusiasm of a new collector talking though.  I’ve never bought magazines in the past because I like the color of comics and I felt that the magazines were harder to store.  Turns out a Frazetta cover makes up for a lot of color and a magazine box is not hard to find these days.

Plus, these are what ECs turned into.  How could I not collect them?

Exactly!!

On 1/1/2022 at 5:08 AM, ThothAmon said:

Anyone own any ‘Help’ issues?  Never even heard of it before seeing in the Gathering Horror image. 

I've got the complete run.  Let me know if you want me to post any specific covers:

1.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by OtherEric