• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DAREDEVIL #7 - Input and opinion please!

14 posts in this topic

Can some of you please comment on here to this Ebay seller I got this book from that it has been color touched. 

I told him so and requested a return and here was his response:  I am taking the return but I disagree with you as it being touched up. I had 2 others looked at it that rated it.

Seller is  milo_jagworth

dd7a.thumb.jpg.ea1fb6e7ba79ad88703eb3f0dd3dabe0.jpg

dd7b.thumb.jpg.5d79fe7b87c2f0ad0ccbf70a4dfc7f35.jpg

dd7c.thumb.jpg.4a7d47c47136c653079189d1a916a528.jpg

dd7.thumb.jpg.9e30ff0b2938ac1396412b0825930bbd.jpg

dd7.thumb.jpeg.7c22757f25941a73ba5b9149d57e0f61.jpeg

Edited by ROBTOTHEC

Can you post pictures of the front cover; especially along the spine. You may be able to detect a difference in sheen if caught at the right angle when light hits it. I ask because some of it looks like it could be an overflow of ink or distribution overspray so just to eliminate all possibilities

15 minutes ago, B2D327 said:

Can you post pictures of the front cover; especially along the spine. You may be able to detect a difference in sheen if caught at the right angle when light hits it. I ask because some of it looks like it could be an overflow of ink or distribution overspray so just to eliminate all possibilities

You can see the color touch on the cover as well.  Let's not forget it was done with two different colors.  Also, I am concerned it was trimmed, but I am not sure how to detect that. 

3 hours ago, ROBTOTHEC said:

You can see the color touch on the cover as well.  Let's not forget it was done with two different colors.  Also, I am concerned it was trimmed, but I am not sure how to detect that. 

Another thing. His current listings in price order:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fantastic-Four-Marvel-1961-48-First-Silver-Surfer-and-Galactus/362851949331?hash=item547ba95b13:g:CNMAAOSwrWBd9rtC 

The usual suspects here for typical restoration, disclosed or not, the FF 48 and others, do not show any tells whatsoever for trim or color touch. This leads me to at least remain open to the possibility that the very obvious bleeding ink and trim (not as obvious). may somehow have been overlooked by the seller.

If the seller balks or shows any hesitation towards a return, you'll know it was intentional. If he's genuinely concerned and eager to rectify, he probably wasn't aware and possibly never examined the book thoroughly. See how the return goes, and report back to us at CGC forum command, Corporal. .:smile:

Edited by James J Johnson

5 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

Another thing. His current listings in price order:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fantastic-Four-Marvel-1961-48-First-Silver-Surfer-and-Galactus/362851949331?hash=item547ba95b13:g:CNMAAOSwrWBd9rtC 

The usual suspects here for typical restoration, disclosed or not, the FF 48 and others, do not show any tells whatsoever for trim or color touch. This leads me to at least remain open to the possibility that the very obvious bleeding ink and trim (not as obvious). may somehow have been overlooked by the seller.

If the seller balks or shows any hesitation towards a return, you'll know it was intentional. If he's genuinely concerned and eager to rectify, he probably wasn't aware and possibly never examined the book thoroughly. See how the return goes, and report back to us at CGC forum command, Corporal. .:smile:

He's not happy about it but has acceppted the return.  I honestly believe he did not know it was restored. 

1 hour ago, ROBTOTHEC said:
6 hours ago, Pitboss said:

Boy do I feel stupid!   In my defense I did ask him ahead of time and he denied knowing of any restoration.

The trim is rather obvious, but color touch is harder to tell, that's why these boardies are the best!

Now that I see the inside pics it's easier to tell. And thank you for pointing out this thread lol

I dont visit this section much :shy:

Glad you got your money back

Hopefully it didn't ruin this seller for you...

Imagine how I feel in the thread quoted for misunderstanding lol

Sometimes wanting something so badly or something to be true blues the lines.

Its human nature!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM