• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blade Runner 2019 thread. Difficult to find but the story line is worth it

9 posts in this topic

Is anybody else reading Blade Runner 2019? I recently picked this up per a recommendation of a friend. She is a huge Blade Runner fan and I am really enjoying the storyline. Probably one of the best comic series I've read in the last 2 years. Check it out if you guys get a chance. Here are photos of the first 5 Comics.

These are pretty difficult to find but it's totally worth it if you can track them down.

20191221_121836.thumb.jpg.40d0106c3f756745d64f11603c72a47a.jpg

Edited by Wolverinex

23 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Is anybody else reading Blade Runner 2019? I recently picked this up per a recommendation of a friend. She is a huge Blade Runner fan and I am really enjoying the storyline. Probably one of the best comic series I've read in the last 2 years. Check it out if you guys get a chance. Here are photos of the first 5 Comics.

These are pretty difficult to find but it's totally worth it if you can track them down.

20191221_121836.thumb.jpg.40d0106c3f756745d64f11603c72a47a.jpg

Does it follow the movie reboot, which I fell asleep on? Or new stuff?

1 hour ago, the blob said:

Does it follow the movie reboot, which I fell asleep on? Or new stuff?

New stuff... takes place right after the original.  I also loved bladerunner 2049. Very melancholic and dark.  Beautiful in its own right.  

However,  this series stars a new bladerunner with a secret past on a bounty hunt for a billionaire's daughter. The artist is pretty good but the storyline is phenomenal. 

1 hour ago, the blob said:

I want to watch the movie all the way through, but I need to get 8 hours of sleep and have a big cup of ice coffee.

Do it and let me know what you think. Honestly with contemplation and time I have felt that the sequel is even better than the original. It's definitely more depressing if you think about it on a deeper level but very beautiful.

Edited by Wolverinex

3 hours ago, Martin Sinescu said:

Thanks for the recommendation, Wolvie. I'm definitely going to check this out. Big fan of both movies and the original story (there's a comic adaptation of that as well, FYI), looking forward to seeing what this series does with the concept.

You're welcome. Glad to find fellow Blade Runner fans on this board. I actually heard about the comic series through a Blade Runner Forum. Most of the people were raving about it there so I knew how to track these down

On 12/23/2019 at 11:46 AM, GeekLife said:

I can recommend this title too. I was worried it would be a pale comparison to the movies but it's been great.

What blew my mind was the 5 or 6 year time jump between the 4-5 issues... really loved it.  Really interested to see what happens to the main characters.