• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grading for a new comic that is not flat

3 posts in this topic

I recently received a handful of variants of recently printed comics.  All were supposedly unread and boarded and bagged when received.  Most are perfectly flat.  However, 2 of them are not flat - if you look at them from the top they appear like the pic attached.

Both variants are great books in all respects - I assume would easily be 9.8 since they have sharp corners no spine ticks, etc.  Will their not being perfectly flat prevent a 9.8 or is this type of issue considered a printing defect?  If being flat is required for a 9.8, then I am going to send in for pressing since there were only 100 printed for each variant and I want to do everything I can to insure a 9.8.

What would cause this type of issue?  Is it a printing defect, or something that might have occurred pre-shipment or during shipping?

IMG_0094.JPG