WTB Adventures of Superman 498 1st printing CGC 9.8 - CLOSED
2 2

27 posts in this topic

4 posts

I have an extra Raw copy signed by Tom Grommet if interested? 

396 posts
On 1/2/2020 at 10:25 AM, Weirbooger said:

I have an extra Raw copy signed by Tom Grommet if interested? 

I appreciate that but will have to pass... I really need either a CGC 9.8 or a raw with that potential.  I appreciate your reply though!

396 posts

Am willing to negotiate above $150.00... PM me.  Also will consider ss books depending on asking price.  Thanks!  

4 posts

Not a grading expert but these are unread books just taken out of plastic sleeve for signing, pic attached, if still not interested, then I wish you good luck on your search

20200119_112105 (2).jpg

21,068 posts
On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 8:27 AM, Weirbooger said:

Not a grading expert but these are unread books just taken out of plastic sleeve for signing, pic attached, if still not interested, then I wish you good luck on your search

20200119_112105 (2).jpg

this is hardly the place for me to explain this, but since you're admittedly not an expert and posted twice in this thread, here's some general information for you or anyone else who is genuinely looking to help.

A CGC 9.8 comic should be considered essentially flawless (though technically some very light/mild/small defects are allowed), but for anyone new to the process, just consider them flawless in every aspect.  No bends, tears, creases, markings, ticks, anywhere on the book, including the spine.  And generally that is notoriously tough on black books, because defects have no place to hide.  So if you have a raw book you hope to sell as a potential CGC 9.8, check it closely for any defects, and if you find NONE, then post pictures front and back with some closesups of the spines and corners.  The grade is independent of how long your comic has been in storage or in sleeve or how many times it has been read, although those items MAY impact the comic changing the condition, they are not actual considerations in the grade.

As a secondary but equally important issue.  A raw book that is already signed (especially on the cover) cannot attain a CGC 9.8 Universal (blue) label, nor would it qualify for a CGC SS (signature series) yellow label.  The signature unwitnessed by CGC Reps will be considered a defect by CGC if you want a blue label, or can be ignored if you want a green QUALIFIED slab. 

if you want more information about any of these topics, you should peruse other parts of the forums, the CGC website, or contact CGC directly. 

To the original poster, good luck.

396 posts
On 1/21/2020 at 11:23 AM, revat said:

To the original poster, good luck.

I appreciate that!  This book should be relatively easy to find but just doesn't seem to want to pop up anywhere!  :pullhair:

396 posts

Still looking for this book... will pay $150.00 for Universal Label and maybe more for Signature Series (PM me).

Also interested in:

Superman 76 2nd printing 9.8 WP - $175.00

Action Comics 686 2nd printing 9.8 WP - Please PM me to discuss price

4,069 posts
4 hours ago, Iconic1s said:

Still looking for this book... will pay $150.00 for Universal Label and maybe more for Signature Series (PM me).

Also interested in:

Superman 76 2nd printing 9.8 WP - $175.00

Action Comics 686 2nd printing 9.8 WP - Please PM me to discuss price

I just acquired 1700 books all from that time frame. I have all those books....I'll send them to CGC. Ive sent 13 books in so far as a "test". 9 x9.8 ..3 x 9.6 ..and a sole 9.2 ASM 300. Nothing Pressed.

I probably have your books and others of that era if you're looking for others....

Edited by KryptoSpidey

396 posts
1 hour ago, KryptoSpidey said:

I just acquired 1700 books all from that time frame. I have all those books....I'll send them to CGC. Ive sent 13 books in so far as a "test". 9 x9.8 ..3 x 9.6 ..and a sole 9.2 ASM 300. Nothing Pressed.

I probably have your books and others of that era if you're looking for others....

I'll PM you.  Thanks!  

1,950 posts

Did you find this book, yet?

396 posts
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, comics 8 said:

Did you find this book, yet?

No, not yet. Another member is submitting one and I have dibs if it comes back 9.8 though. Do you have one?

Edited by Iconic1s

1,950 posts

No, I don’t.  But keep us posted.  It’s always a celebration when someone finds a book they’ve been hunting.👍🏽

396 posts

Bump!  Still looking for Adventures of Superman 498 first printing 9.8 WP.

Still offering $150.00

Thanks!

396 posts

Willing to pay $150.00 shipped for the 9.8 and then send the seller this 9.6 ss once I have received the 9.8.

3587290_DetailsThumb_Obv.jpeg.080ed1607d858cba8ef0a04293bf3cb6.jpeg

396 posts
On 4/29/2020 at 10:19 PM, Iconic1s said:

Willing to pay $150.00 shipped for the 9.8 and then send the seller this 9.6 ss once I have received the 9.8.

3587290_DetailsThumb_Obv.jpeg.080ed1607d858cba8ef0a04293bf3cb6.jpeg

This offer no longer available... still willing to pay $150.00 though.  Thanks!

396 posts
Posted (edited)

Need some help finishing this!  Thanks!

1285941586_ScreenShot2020-05-06at10_19_47AM.thumb.png.dc125343ff4dc213ff70db423c8510d9.png

Edited by Iconic1s

396 posts

Got a great lead on this book but want to keep this post alive in case things don't go as planned at CGC, and...

ADDING raw copies of these books to this WTB list:

JLA 69 3rd print - 9.6+ potential - $25.00

JLA 70 4th print - 9.6+ potential - $25.00

Thank you!