• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM X-Men 4

13 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, Glassman10 said:

The point is whether the pages have that pink or is it a decorator feature in your phone. If they really are as pink as they appear, it's a real issue. 

You mean I WASN’T supposed to use a pink filter on the photos of comic books?! Oops...

More likely a question of lighting vs page color. I turned thé flash off in an attempt to avoid glare. Will have to try different lighting to see if that gives you a more accurate idea of page color. 

31 minutes ago, Glassman10 said:

The point is whether the pages have that pink or is it a decorator feature in your phone. If they really are as pink as they appear, it's a real issue. 

You might be surprised by how many different color selections are available in the CGC paper quality menu...  ;)

8 minutes ago, Cherami said:

You mean I WASN’T supposed to use a pink filter on the photos of comic books?! Oops...

More likely a question of lighting vs page color. I turned thé flash off in an attempt to avoid glare. Will have to try different lighting to see if that gives you a more accurate idea of page color. 

Unless the pages are brittle, it shouldn't affect the grade on a book in this range. And on my monitor, they appear to be at least Off-White to White.  

After seeing many of the books you've posted here, the thing I notice most about this collection are the shadows and darkening to the cover edges. Much of the final grade will depend upon how severe this is from book to book, and also how it affects the interiors of the covers (from what I've seen, the pages aren't a problem). 

I just want you to know that the estimates provided here may not be as accurate as usual because of this issue...

I think the estimates of grade to be reasonable. I've been consulting with Bob and he's indicated that he think's these to be midgrade books from 5.0-7.0. Everyone agrees that the sunshadow are unfortunate and are bringing graade down. I think the observation that was made about getting them slabbed will distract from the shadows some. Cherami has indicated to me that they don't look as severe as the scans make them appear. The grade will certainly appeal to some who buy the grade, not the book. The pink tone has really thrown me off since there has been concern about page quality which none of us had seen much of. . 

1 hour ago, Cherami said:

OK, now you're starting to fit in.Sarcasm...