• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dormant CAF Galleries

72 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Brian Peck said:

What is the problem? The only one I see is bandwidth for Bill and CAF, which probably isn't that much when it comes to dormant galleries. Why do people want dormant CAF galleries removed?

At the very least, flagged as dormant. They sometimes include art I would like to buy, and am disappointed—needlessly—when I get no response. Even a negative can be better.

15 minutes ago, Rick2you2 said:

At the very least, flagged as dormant. They sometimes include art I would like to buy, and am disappointed—needlessly—when I get no response. Even a negative can be better.

And if the CAF gallery isn't dormant and the owner doesn't respond. What is the bloody difference? 

If artwork is listed NFS and someone asks to buy it. Do you really expect the owner to respond. He or she has already stated on the page it isnt for sale.

Edited by Brian Peck

6 hours ago, glendgold said:

Solution to what?

6 hours ago, Brian Peck said:

What is the problem? The only one I see is bandwidth for Bill and CAF, which probably isn't that much when it comes to dormant galleries. Why do people want dormant CAF galleries removed?

it's called...clutter

image.thumb.png.c7642db103cce904be9a213b43e41b09.png

2 hours ago, Brian Peck said:

And if the CAF gallery isn't dormant and the owner doesn't respond. What is the bloody difference? 

If artwork is listed NFS and someone asks to buy it. Do you really expect the owner to respond. He or she has already stated on the page it isnt for sale.

Actually, I have recently gotten a response to an NFS, so they can and do respond. But there are also some posts with no status, or which say something like make offer, or even quote a price. 
What is the problem with marking something dormant after 5 years?

Edited by Rick2you2

19 minutes ago, malvin said:

I think this is typical internet armchair quarterback behaviour where people are trying to solve minor problems with other people's time and money.

Malvin

I thought that and distributing memes and cat videos is what the inter webs was mostly for? (shrug)

4 hours ago, malvin said:

I think this is typical internet armchair quarterback behaviour where people are trying to solve minor problems with other people's time and money.

Malvin

I think it is a minor annoyance which, if easily and cheaply addressed, why not?

5 hours ago, Brian Peck said:

To whom is it an annoyance? Unless its the people who are constantly looking thru CAF all the time. Just seems like people are looking for a problem that isn't there.

I guess I qualify as one of those people. Again, not a killer, but an annoyance.

I know a lot of you by your CAF galleries, even if it's not part of your "signature".  On the flip-side, some of the commenters, I don't know their CAF galleries at all.  So does that mean CAF lurkers are commenting on dormant CAF galleries ??

21 hours ago, malvin said:

Malvin

What I don’t understand is why the objection to simply hitting something like a radio button every 3-5 years acknowledging this is an active page. That is a simple solution to a minor problem, easily remedied.