• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Notes

15 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Wallstreet said:

Thanks.  I'm looking up books that I submitted.  On many, 'Notes are not available'.  Do I have to call in?

How long ago were they submitted, and what were the grades? They don't do notes on all comics, especially the higher grades. 9.6s for example. I'm pretty sure that the notes go on the system as soon as the grades are posted, so if the notes are not available, I would imagine they weren't done for the books in question. 

There would be others here more knowledgable than me about this, so hopefully they'll chime in with better info. Calling them wouldn't hurt, but they may just tell you there are no notes.

2 hours ago, Foley said:

How long ago were they submitted, and what were the grades? They don't do notes on all comics, especially the higher grades. 9.6s for example. I'm pretty sure that the notes go on the system as soon as the grades are posted, so if the notes are not available, I would imagine they weren't done for the books in question. 

There would be others here more knowledgable than me about this, so hopefully they'll chime in with better info. Calling them wouldn't hurt, but they may just tell you there are no notes.

Yeah.  Makes sense.  I got them back in lots, 1 and 2 months ago.  I saw the notes real time when they shipped but only half or fewer had notes.  I figured at the time that they just weren't attached yet.  imo all books that are graded should have notes.  Even 9.8s. 'Slight wear on lower spine.' etc doesn't take much time to document.  And why not document the work you've done?  Just addressing some books that I'm gonna resubmit that I should have had pressed.

On 12/26/2019 at 10:56 AM, Wallstreet said:

Yeah.  Makes sense.  I got them back in lots, 1 and 2 months ago.  I saw the notes real time when they shipped but only half or fewer had notes.  I figured at the time that they just weren't attached yet.  imo all books that are graded should have notes.  Even 9.8s. 'Slight wear on lower spine.' etc doesn't take much time to document.  And why not document the work you've done?  Just addressing some books that I'm gonna resubmit that I should have had pressed.

Grader notes on 9.8s are a huge waste of time.

On 1/2/2020 at 7:18 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Grader notes on 9.8s are a huge waste of time.

Wouldn't they be a huge savings of time?  What if all books came in 9.8 from the start?  All.  Quickly note your review without the need for a novel.  How is a person's professional review documented then?  With zero notes?  Is that what the clients and future owners are asking for now?  Can I please buy a book from you for $1,200?  But I want one that doesn't have any Grader's notes at all!  Pleeeeeease. 

9 hours ago, Wallstreet said:

Wouldn't they be a huge savings of time?

How do you figure?

What if all books came in 9.8 from the start?  All.

What does this mean? I'm not following.

Quickly note your review without the need for a novel.

What would it say? "Looks good"?

How is a person's professional review documented then?

By the grade assigned on the label.

Is that what the clients and future owners are asking for now?  Can I please buy a book from you for $1,200?  But I want one that doesn't have any Grader's notes at all!  Pleeeeeease. 

All you need is a set of eyes. If you agree the assigned grade reflects the actual condition, then buy it. Or don't. 

14 hours ago, Foley said:

How do you figure?

What does this mean? I'm not following.

What would it say? "Looks good"?

By the grade assigned on the label.

All you need is a set of eyes. If you agree the assigned grade reflects the actual condition, then buy it. Or don't. 

Wow...   Just.  Wow.  I will not repeat my points.  I don't need to.  And you seem very invested in this...  Shrugs shoulders and walks away.

On 1/3/2020 at 7:40 PM, Wallstreet said:

Wouldn't they be a huge savings of time?  What if all books came in 9.8 from the start?  All.  Quickly note your review without the need for a novel.  How is a person's professional review documented then?  With zero notes?  Is that what the clients and future owners are asking for now?  Can I please buy a book from you for $1,200?  But I want one that doesn't have any Grader's notes at all!  Pleeeeeease. 

No.

A 9.8 comic is the most-common "top" grade. It's usually a tiny flaw or two, or lack of perfect alignment, that put a comic into this condition. They grade tons of comics per day and everyone is looking for 9.8s. They would have to hire more people and charge customers more if they decided to give notes for every grade.

Edited by theCapraAegagrus
Typos.

4 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

No.

A 9.8 comic is the most-common "top" grade. It's usually a tiny flaw or two, or lack of perfect alignment, that put a comic into this condition. They grade tons of comics per day and everyone is looking for 9.8s. They would have to hire more people and charge customers more if they decided to give notes for every grade.

What is the big deal?  I made my point.  Someone adamantly disagrees.  I drop it.  Life moves on.  It always does.  It's good that there's helpful info within these forums.  But there ain't a lot of love.

2 minutes ago, Wallstreet said:

What is the big deal?  I made my point.  Someone adamantly disagrees.  I drop it.  Life moves on.  It always does.  It's good that there's helpful info within these forums.  But there ain't a lot of love.

What...? You responded to my reply and I replied to that. Your confrontation is unnecessary - and surprise! - won't be welcomed by many (if any).

Are you asking questions without expecting answers, or what...?

1 minute ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

What...? You responded to my reply and I replied to that. Your confrontation is unnecessary - and surprise! - won't be welcomed by many (if any).

Are you asking questions without expecting answers, or what...?

Aggressive much?  You're right.  Conversation over.

Just now, Wallstreet said:

Aggressive much?  You're right.  Conversation over.

Projecting much? Here's a safe way to peruse and contribute to a forum:

Infer positive tones rather than negative ones. You asked me questions - I answered them. Have conversations in good faith and you won't infer "aggression".

Saying "conversation over" does not actually end the conversation, either. Trying to be an authority doesn't really work when you have no authority.

FTR: These are all matter-of-fact statements with no emotions invested or implied.