• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Star article on Comic OA

52 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, vodou said:

Obviously the Grapeish One is poking the bear here, using examples that are well-known to all here of a more than two year 'vintage' ;)

Josh Nathanson -ComicLink side of both stories

Court Gebeau -consignor with guarantee in hand for $100k (as a floor)

Mark McDermott -disappointed winner and returner of BWS complete Conan story (which story, issue #, I forget, not my "thing") based on "back scans" dispute.

The above is all public information. What's not publicly known (yet) is the actual terms/conditions of the guarantee (or for certain that there was one, but if it walks like a... and talks like a..., it is a...) for Frazetta's Egyptian Queen. We each have our speculations, some more educated than others, including name/motivations/quid pro quo value, etc. and that's it. For now :)

Thank you for writing this.  I've been on this board for awhile and I had no idea what this conversation meant or if it was in secret code or what.  Sometimes sarcasm or intended humor mask what the topic is really about, but I find this sort of thing not really great.

2 hours ago, grapeape said:

You can find that thread but I dare not link it here. Mark's "detailed" writing went on a bit to make a point. Lots of board members kept quoting and we soon had the manuscript of War and Peace II. In the end my buddy Mark got things resolved and I'm glad. I want everybody to be happy if they can.

I can't find the thread at all after some preliminary searching. I wonder if one or both sides convinced the CGC admins to vaporize the whole thing. It was a thread for the ages. Where's @comix4fun when you need him? He's good at digging that stuff up.

1 hour ago, MYNAMEISLEGION said:

I can't find the thread at all after some preliminary searching. I wonder if one or both sides convinced the CGC admins to vaporize the whole thing. It was a thread for the ages.

I'm pretty sure it was blown away by the legal types. Josh sent me an e-mail regarding my participation in the thread 10/17/2017. I looked at all my activity Sept-Nov 2017 and see nothing related to the subject, which tells me *poof* it's gone. Private site here but the Ingsoc folks should be mildly alarmed that Winston isn't just changing old headlines now, he's making entire newspapers disappear ;)

7 minutes ago, vodou said:

I'm pretty sure it was blown away by the legal types. Josh sent me an e-mail regarding my participation in the thread 10/17/2017. I looked at all my activity Sept-Nov 2017 and see nothing related to the subject, which tells me *poof* it's gone. Private site here but the Ingsoc folks should be mildly alarmed that Winston isn't just changing old headlines now, he's making entire newspapers disappear ;)

Part of why I am cautious of what I post here is that everything on this board is open to the public and easily found with google.

3 hours ago, MYNAMEISLEGION said:

I can't find the thread at all after some preliminary searching. I wonder if one or both sides convinced the CGC admins to vaporize the whole thing. It was a thread for the ages. Where's @comix4fun when you need him? He's good at digging that stuff up.

I have tons of correspondence  with Mark from private discussions. I can’t share it with you I’m afraid but Mark made some good points. In the end it all worked out and I think it was better to have that book broken up anyways.

1 hour ago, Peter L said:

everything on this board is open to the public and easily found with google

...apparently not.

1 hour ago, vodou said:

Winston isn't just changing old headlines now, he's making entire newspapers disappear ;)

...apparently so.

"And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped." - George Orwell, 1984

5 hours ago, First Upgrade said:

...apparently not.

...apparently so.

"And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped." - George Orwell, 1984

This WAS the thread, it is no more.  The internet archive didn't have it either, so some things can truly be swept under the rug, then roll the rug up and "poof".

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/422782-comiclink-concerns/

12 hours ago, MYNAMEISLEGION said:

This WAS the thread, it is no more.  The internet archive didn't have it either, so some things can truly be swept under the rug, then roll the rug up and "poof".

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/422782-comiclink-concerns/

Artist's reenactment: point it right at Google and...

mib-neuralizer-gif-6.gif.4f4e637d57dbc9a57436128505b19089.gif