• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2020 vision: goals, corrected sight or new lens
2 2

38 posts in this topic

This is the thread for future predictions, ...what's on the horizon for collecting next year or resolutions to stop acquiring which you may not be able to keep.  

Grails, finished runs, redirection, other collecting that extends beyond GA comics, you name it, ...but you don't have it (yet).  This would also be a good place to let your fellow board buddies in on what books ...either generally or in specific... you're seeking that've been beyond your reach.  For instance, most folks around here have a pretty good idea of what other's collect, but if those interests have changed or expanded they might be off the radar, so this'll be a heads-up.  

This thread is also for current and future acquisition beyond single copies (if you're seeing double or triple, it might not be the result of stigmatism).   :insane:

I am shifting more toward Golden - Silver Age books and will keep looking for higher grade Disney - Barks Books. Plus looking to invest in Marvel Silver if the right books come my way. Also I think DC Gold - Silver is undervalued and will be looking at certain issues if priced right. Right now I am trying to unload my current collection.

From a macroeconomics view, FED policy has been great for the hobby. I don't see the free flow of liquidity being cut off any time soon. Hence, higher resell value.

Edited by tabcom

35 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

The last half of 2019 was mostly about pulps and I see 2020 staying the same. I tend to like GGA and I’ve made my way through owning just about every golden age good girl focused cover I wanted and have been enjoying the pulps great painted cover art and often (but not always) fantastic interior illustrations. Some of the stories aren’t bad either but that’s secondary to the art for me.  The Spicy pulps are probably tops for me. They tick a lot of boxes. :) I love the way they look on shelves too. 

Crime comics with GGA have been a lot of fun too.  

F0099CDF-EE14-4000-A729-3451D2A0C700.jpeg

76EC265F-6F03-4076-BE02-C66B09552689.jpeg

I didn't know you were so into pulps.  Great looking collection!

2 hours ago, Cat-Man_America said:

I'd love to come across a HG unrestored copy of Human Torch #8 to go along with this...

70d50d59-e6e3-41b7-8889-3342083d881b_zpse5sk8rtu.jpg.11200b0d3e848c01648039c54112d28a.jpg

But other issues will be occupying my attention in the New Year as well, so I'm in no hurry.

:tink:

I love how Subby’s tank, instead of being labeled “water”, instead says “anti-flame fluid”. 

but seriously, what a great schomburg war cover!

5 hours ago, Cat-Man_America said:

I'd love to come across a HG unrestored copy of Human Torch #8 to go along with this...

70d50d59-e6e3-41b7-8889-3342083d881b_zpse5sk8rtu.jpg.11200b0d3e848c01648039c54112d28a.jpg

But other issues will be occupying my attention in the New Year as well, so I'm in no hurry.

:tink:

:headbang:

twins_320.jpg