• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Black CAT club (Cerebus1, Albedo 2, TMNT1)
7 7

895 posts in this topic

On 7/17/2020 at 11:56 AM, lou_fine said:

Considering the CGC 9.8 graded condition levels of these Cerebus books here, my opinion is that they mostly seem to be running on the low side at only around double top of guide for uber high grade copies.  As usual, there are a few outliers like Cerebus 11, 16, and 19 which is most likely impacted due to a slightly lower census count.  (shrug)

Final price on the Cerebus 3 seem to have gone pretty low at only $201 in CGC 9.4 graded condition, especially since top of guide in 9.2 NM- has the book listed at $240.  :(

All I can say to the original poster here is that if you really think you could have gotten Cerebus 3 in CGC 9.4 graded condition at a 40% discount to top of guide or a Cerebus 7 in CGC 9.8 graded condtion at almost 50% discount from top of 9.2 guide, etc., then you must have been expecting a very soft and weak cerebus market.  hm

Your faith in The Big Annual Book of Random Numbers (AKA The Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide) continues to baffle me.

31 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

You mean it could jump even higher or crash?  Looks like a few Cerebus 1's sold last month too

No I just mean at the moment, a 9.2 sold for $7500. So his copy isn’t worth $6500 more just because of the signature and sketch. Definitely worth more than that blue label sale for sure, but not that much lol. So if he’s expecting to get $14K, it’s going to be sitting for a while!

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 7/17/2020 at 12:56 PM, lou_fine said:

Considering the CGC 9.8 graded condition levels of these Cerebus books here, my opinion is that they mostly seem to be running on the low side at only around double top of guide for uber high grade copies.  As usual, there are a few outliers like Cerebus 11, 16, and 19 which is most likely impacted due to a slightly lower census count.  (shrug)

Final price on the Cerebus 3 seem to have gone pretty low at only $201 in CGC 9.4 graded condition, especially since top of guide in 9.2 NM- has the book listed at $240.  :(

All I can say to the original poster here is that if you really think you could have gotten Cerebus 3 in CGC 9.4 graded condition at a 40% discount to top of guide or a Cerebus 7 in CGC 9.8 graded condtion at almost 50% discount from top of 9.2 guide, etc., then you must have been expecting a very soft and weak cerebus market.  hm

I see many of these books have been relisted or someone else is looking to unload some high grade Cerebus issues.