• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Black CAT club (Cerebus1, Albedo 2, TMNT1)
7 7

895 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Well, you never know...........it'll probably weaken right after you pick up your copy at record setting top dollars.  lol  :censored:

On 2/12/2021 at 12:43 AM, Stingrayiii said:

Cerebus 9.4 on comiclink, first day up to $8000. Wow.

On 2/12/2021 at 10:25 AM, SuperBird said:

I predict 11k, but we'll see. 

Superbird, you are accurate as always...  Cerebus 1 at $11,400 with 8 more days to go... this is going to go crazy as we keep going! Lots of demand... no other copies are available.    Already above Hulk  181 prices... this is going to be big.  

Edited by Wolverinex

2 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

I'm not sure... it's already surpassed my expectation.  Where do u think it will hit?

Don't really follow the Cerebus market that closely since so very few copies in this grade range ever tends to show up in the marketplace.  (shrug)

With that qualifier in place, it would not surprise me to see it approaching $20K with how prices are going in today's pandemic driven marketplace.  (thumbsu

2 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Don't really follow the Cerebus market that closely since so very few copies in this grade range ever tends to show up in the marketplace.  (shrug)

With that qualifier in place, it would not surprise me to see it approaching $20K with how prices are going in today's pandemic driven marketplace.  (thumbsu

Nice thoughts.. yes let's watch.  Maybe @ghn999will very into the action.  He needs one to match his other 9.4s

13 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Superbird, you are accurate as always...  Cerebus 1 at $11,400 with 8 more days to go... this is going to go crazy as we keep going! Lots of demand... no other copies are available.    Already above Hulk  181 prices... this is going to be big.  

I was off- I thought it would close at 11k. 

22 hours ago, SuperBird said:

Uhhh no clue!

Nearing 12k..

Honestly,  I bet this will go high because maybe the last time this comic shows up for sale before it disappears into a private collection...

There are still NO other copies online... at only 2000 copies it's becoming a ghost and that will significantly drive demand.

It was lagging behind Albedo2 and TMNT1 but could catch up this next year if it remains this difficult to buy. 

Edited by Wolverinex

On 2/15/2021 at 11:16 AM, Wolverinex said:

It was lagging behind Albedo2 and TMNT1 but could catch up this next year if it remains this difficult to buy. 

Well, you certainly don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure out why it's so much more difficult to buy.  hm

After all, there's only 6 copies of Cerebus 1 slabbed in CGC 9.4 or above if you include the 4 Signature copies that Sim himself had cherry picked from the printng house to squirreled away in his own personal collection.  :luhv:  :takeit:

In comparison, according to the CGC Census Population Report, there's a total of 77 copies of Albedo 2 slabbed in CGC 9.4 or above, and a whopping total of 175 copies of TMNT 1 slabbed in CGC 9.4 or above.  Absolutely no comparison at all to a Cerebus 1 in terms of true rarity.  :cloud9:

On 2/16/2021 at 10:58 PM, lou_fine said:

Well, you certainly don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure out why it's so much more difficult to buy.  hm

After all, there's only 6 copies of Cerebus 1 slabbed in CGC 9.4 or above if you include the 4 Signature copies that Sim himself had cherry picked from the printng house to squirreled away in his own personal collection.  :luhv:  :takeit:

In comparison, according to the CGC Census Population Report, there's a total of 77 copies of Albedo 2 slabbed in CGC 9.4 or above, and a whopping total of 175 copies of TMNT 1 slabbed in CGC 9.4 or above.  Absolutely no comparison at all to a Cerebus 1 in terms of true rarity.  :cloud9:

Just a few more days and the only authentic copy of Cerebus 1 will vanish off the next... I'm really curious to see what a low grade copy goes for now...

On 2/13/2021 at 11:04 PM, lou_fine said:

On 2/14/2021 at 11:10 AM, SuperBird said:

I was off- I thought it would close at 11k. 

On 2/14/2021 at 2:38 PM, Stingrayiii said:

Lets go for $27,000. That is my guess now.

Just hit $13,584 with 1 hour to  go!