• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Black CAT club (Cerebus1, Albedo 2, TMNT1)
7 7

895 posts in this topic

On 3/4/2021 at 12:43 PM, october said:

They are nice, but not perfect. Both are signed. One is double signed with a head sketch, which is pretty cool. 

001 (5).jpg

This top copy here is relatively sharp for a Cerebus 1 in that it exhibits far fewer of those tell tale spine ticks that this book is notorious for.  hm  :luhv:

56 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

A NM- counterfeit  cerebus 1 just popped up on Ebay for near 1k... when did the counterfeits get so expensive?

Not at all surprised that the counterfeits would be worth something in the marketplace, especially considering that there seems to be more authentic #1 than there are counterfeit #1, as far as I can tell at least.  hm

Just not sure if they should be worth $1K though.  (shrug)

Does anybody here have any idea as to how many counterfeits are out there or what the print run was?  ???

4 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Not at all surprised that the counterfeits would be worth something in the marketplace, especially considering that there seems to be more authentic #1 than there are counterfeit #1, as far as I can tell at least.  hm

Just not sure if they should be worth $1K though.  (shrug)

Does anybody here have any idea as to how many counterfeits are out there or what the print run was?  ???

I'll don't know if there are any official numbers... can we see the cgc registry to see how many are graded?

Seems like a lot of people are watching the slab..

10 per hour...

Screenshot_20210307-175726_eBay.jpg

2 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

I'll don't know if there are any official numbers... can we see the cgc registry to see how many are graded?

Seems like a lot of people are watching the slab..

10 per hour...

Screenshot_20210307-175726_eBay.jpg

Bothers me that the seller doesn’t have ‘counterfeit’ in the auction title 

On 2/12/2021 at 10:25 AM, SuperBird said:

I predict 11k, but we'll see. 

Prediction on this 8.5 coming on auction?

https://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/search.asp?FocusedOnly=1&where=auctions&title=Cerebus+1&ItemType=CB

@LDarkseid1 are u going to make a bid? 

Anyone know if an albedo 2 is for sale anywhere? 

Edited by Wolverinex

3 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Prediction on this 8.5 coming on auction?

https://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/search.asp?FocusedOnly=1&where=auctions&title=Cerebus+1&ItemType=CB

@LDarkseid1 are u going to make a bid? 

Anyone know if an albedo 2 is for sale anywhere? 

No probably not. Looking forward to seeing what it goes for though.

5 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Holy moly, the 9.2 counterfeit Cerebus 1 sold for $900!

I thought the $900 was the initial Buy It Now price and is it possible the seller took a lower Offer price on the book?  ???  (shrug)

Edited by lou_fine

3 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

I can't tell, was there a best offer taken?  It just says it was sold

If it was on ebay

It doesn't have to be a best offer to do the taxex thing under find, to see the tax exclusive price...

If it's ebay just do that... (thumbsu

59 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:
1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

I thought the $900 was the initial Buy It Now price and is it possible the seller took a lower Offer price on the book?  ???  (shrug)

Looks like it sold for 900 on ebay using Taxex method

Well, that's definitely good news for me then since I have all of the bases covered with both an authentic #1 and a counterfeit #1 in my collection.  (thumbsu

On 3/11/2021 at 3:15 PM, lou_fine said:

Well, that's definitely good news for me then since I have all of the bases covered with both an authentic #1 and a counterfeit #1 in my collection.  (thumbsu

I would love to see photos of them next to each other.

So here's a question I was thinking about.  What is the minimum amount of money you would have to spend to pick up all 3 books in the black CAT club?

Edited by Wolverinex

Many people don't understand why copies of Cerebus #1 are skyrocketing in price. Setting aside the demand for the book itself, Sim's legacy, and it's place in the history of independent comics, it checks two very important boxes in collectibles.  1) Absolute Rarity (there are only 2,000 copies and some of those are presumed not to exist anymore). 2) Condition Rarity (most copies are badly damaged and looking at the CGC census, it's easy to see that possibly 25 copies exist at the CGC 9.0 grade or higher).

On 3/21/2021 at 4:10 PM, roccojoco said:

Many people don't understand why copies of Cerebus #1 are skyrocketing in price. Setting aside the demand for the book itself, Sim's legacy, and it's place in the history of independent comics, it checks two very important boxes in collectibles.  1) Absolute Rarity (there are only 2,000 copies and some of those are presumed not to exist anymore). 2) Condition Rarity (most copies are badly damaged and looking at the CGC census, it's easy to see that possibly 25 copies exist at the CGC 9.0 grade or higher).

Totally agree.  Still waiting for someone to list a Cerebus 1 on ebay .... it will go for an insane amount.

An Albedo 2 8.0 just showed up on ebay.  Let see where that hits.