• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats this Marvel price logo called?
1 1

21 posts in this topic

I'm trying to recreate a spinner rack from my youth and this is the time period from some of my earliest books.

I don't know if these (and their 35 cent brethren) are designated with a name.

Also, what is the best site to search for publication dates?

TIA

IMG_3278.jpg

5 hours ago, marvelmaniac said:

OMG!!!  :whatthe:   Lovin That!!! :cloud9:  :applause: (thumbsu  

Not only is that too cool, it just brought back certain memories of racks/shelves being too high for me to reach in the grocery stores. My parents would trust me to sit there for hours, mesmerized, while they shopped. Those days are long gone.

5 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

I have recreated spinners from my youth as well!

Marvel Value Stamps were from 1974 to 1975, and I have 2 spinners full of 307 books from this time period.

20190515_060707.jpg

I don’t remember the books on the spinner rack at my local drug store in 1974 being bagged and boarded!

5 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

I have recreated spinners from my youth as well!

Marvel Value Stamps were from 1974 to 1975, and I have 2 spinners full of 307 books from this time period.

20190515_060707.jpg

That's epic 🤟 👏!!! I see that MTU 20 there. I just got a Suscha news copy and am sending it for a reholder with the new ped label. 

I think those price logos were essentially a warning before a price increase if I'm not mistaken. 

4 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

I didnt buy or read any DC until The Dark Knight Returns which I picked up purely because I loved Frank Millers work on Daredevil.

This was the first Marvel book I bought-at age 18.  Didnt pay any attention to Marvels as a kid even when I had plenty of money to buy all the DCs I needed for the month-sad to say.  Missed out on many keys with that attitude.

Image result for spider man 149

3 hours ago, kav said:

This was the first Marvel book I bought-at age 18.  Didnt pay any attention to Marvels as a kid even when I had plenty of money to buy all the DCs I needed for the month-sad to say.  Missed out on many keys with that attitude.

Image result for spider man 149

Boy Kav, do I ever feel sorry for you that that was the 1st Spider-Man you bought. That Issue (and the whole ridiculous clone story line) ended my run on Spider-Man that I had been actively collecting since issue #63 in 1968.

29 minutes ago, Jaylam said:

Boy Kav, do I ever feel sorry for you that that was the 1st Spider-Man you bought. That Issue (and the whole ridiculous clone story line) ended my run on Spider-Man that I had been actively collecting since issue #63 in 1968.

I was a fan of the spiderman cartoon when i read that I was like wtf

17 hours ago, bronze_rules said:

Not only is that too cool, it just brought back certain memories of racks/shelves being too high for me to reach in the grocery stores. My parents would trust me to sit there for hours, mesmerized, while they shopped. Those days are long gone.

Which part is "long gone"???, sitting there for hours, mesmerized or reaching the top of the racks/shelves?

11 hours ago, kav said:

I was a fan of the spiderman cartoon when i read that I was like wtf

Hated the Jackal. I have a little more appreciation for what they were trying to pull off now (although the whole clone thing seemed forced, especially using Gwen) but it just missed the mark somehow and the Jackal himself is what ruined it. Maybe if they had used an existing villain or come up with something else. I dont know, but after that, I just couldn’t take it anymore and dropped out.

41 minutes ago, marvelmaniac said:

Which part is "long gone"???, sitting there for hours, mesmerized or reaching the top of the racks/shelves?

Leaving your child unattended at a comic rack is the one that stands out the most to me. The world just isnt as safe as it used to be.