• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

February Heritage Auction Really Shaping Up!
2 2

366 posts in this topic

So I guess there’s never been an item I wanted at Heritage that was framed, so I haven’t noticed before. But do they not take any pictures of the art outside of the frame? I’ve seen horrible fading before, so seems weird to not show all of the art. 

2 hours ago, cloud cloddie said:

So I guess there’s never been an item I wanted at Heritage that was framed, so I haven’t noticed before. But do they not take any pictures of the art outside of the frame? I’ve seen horrible fading before, so seems weird to not show all of the art. 

It's been a number of years, but the one time I bought a framed item from Heritage it also did not have scans/pics outside of frame. Piece arrived framed as well...which I promptly removed and threw out. Thankfully no issues with the art.

3 hours ago, TMNT said:

It's been a number of years, but the one time I bought a framed item from Heritage it also did not have scans/pics outside of frame. Piece arrived framed as well...which I promptly removed and threw out. Thankfully no issues with the art.

Is the shipping more expensive with something framed? Between tax, bp, and regular shipping, the last thing I want to do is pay extra for a frame I don’t want. 

6 hours ago, cloud cloddie said:

1 hour ago, cloud cloddie said:

Is the shipping more expensive with something framed? Between tax, bp, and regular shipping, the last thing I want to do is pay extra for a frame I don’t want. 

I bought something from them framed a few months ago.. I did not even realize it was framed until it arrived. No extra charge for shipping that I noticed. 

I like that one.   One of these days I need me one of those.   But they are always available and there always seems to be another purpose for the funds.   One day!

4 hours ago, Taylor G said:

One of the tricks of the trade I've learned (as in, I've been tricked) is to put the art in a cheap frame when selling at cons to hide damage to the art.

A framed piece of art I got at Heritage, the frame hid foxing around the sides, but in that case the framing was the cause of the foxing.

The frame pictured above must have been done for Nigel Tufnel.

I once bought a piece on Ebay that was framed. It had been previously bought from Heritage. The piece was relisted multiple times on eBay. One of the times it was listed the description noted there was a hole in the painting...this was never disclosed in the Heritage Auction. I wound up making an offer and purchased it for less than it sold for on Heritage along with free shipping. It is honestly pretty hard to notice. I actually forgot where it was in the painting when I went looking for it a few weeks ago. The piece was used for a poster and you can actually make out where the damage is if you know where to look on the published image. The damage either happened in the studio when the piece was painted or during shipping/shooting the image. Had I not known about the damage a head of time I would have been pretty ticked. It was probably still a risky purchase because something like that could cause my eyes to go to that spot immediately. Luckily that is not the case.  

On 1/27/2020 at 11:04 PM, cloud cloddie said:

I've bought an item framed from them before and they gave me the option of them removing the item from it before shipping it if I wanted. I did because I didn't have a place to put it and would take up space that way.

On 1/27/2020 at 11:04 PM, cloud cloddie said:

Part of the shipping cost calculation is the weight - so yeah, it's more expensive to ship something framed...

On 1/12/2020 at 8:28 AM, stinkininkin said:

It is a really good one, but it doesn't have Hobbes.  I have no clue how that might affect the outcome, but it's a factor.  

I wouldn’t hide this in a portfolio. They are rare to see. It’s an opportunity for fans. For the money it’s going to take I would pay even more chedda for Calvin and Hobbes on the strip.

For me I need both.

20 hours ago, Drummy said:

As I creep back into possible OA purchases, it's nice to see so much quality Frank Brunner Dr. Strange material in this one.  Not sure I can swing any of them, but I'm loving the covers and splashes, especially the Treasury.

That Marvel Treasury Edition 6 cover is spectacular.  Hope you are able to snag something (as long as it isn’t something I am bidding on!).

50 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

That Marvel Treasury Edition 6 cover is spectacular.  Hope you are able to snag something (as long as it isn’t something I am bidding on!).

wow, looks great, as does the back cover piece!