• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

February Heritage Auction Really Shaping Up!
2 2

366 posts in this topic

On 2/10/2020 at 10:14 PM, batman_fan said:

The good thing for me is no one can EVER figure out what I am interested in. lol

I feel your pain.

But at least for me, there isn't much collector interest in heros wearing opera capes, brimmed hats and pants with cuffs on them.

8 hours ago, tth2 said:

Just the opposite for me.  HA's software used to automatically remove an item from my tracking list once I put a bid in, but now they still stay in my tracking list.

Is there a setting I can change to go back to the way it used to be, or do I need to manually remove items from my tracking list after I've bid on them?

I see the same thing. Maybe I will cut back on my tracking bids. 

22 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

I see the same thing. Maybe I will cut back on my tracking bids. 

Well I just gave it a try and maybe they changed something. Bid placed, item still in my tracked list. I prefer it this way as I like everything in one place. 

14 hours ago, eewwnuk said:

Whats the point of tracking bids on ha?

There’s really no point.   For me it’s just kind of fun to go thru the catalog and pick out what I like and kind of bid as I go.   It’s more, for me, about getting familiar with the listings as I don’t expect the tracking bids to actually win

The Calvin and Hobbs piece jumped up pretty fast as did the Ditko two page Spider-Man piece.  Even the “taking turns” at Spider-Man cover is up high.  Peanuts are super low but that will definitely change as the auction nears closing.

13 hours ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

So, if a Byrne X-Men page containing wolverine with claws out and 'snikt' sound effect commands a $5K premium, what kind of premium will Drusilla's double D's command?

If she's not going to be in an upcoming movie, nobody cares. 

21 hours ago, tth2 said:

Just the opposite for me.  HA's software used to automatically remove an item from my tracking list once I put a bid in, but now they still stay in my tracking list.

Whoa, I didn't notice that had changed!  I see that the lots I've put tracking bids on do indeed still show up in My Tracked Lots (in the past, that wasn't the case).  

I guess I put in those 302 tracking bids for nothing! (Winning 19/Losing 283 at present) :whatthe: 

1 hour ago, RBerman said:

Somebody's got $49,000 to spare on Little Nemo at least. Or did, before the market crashed.

Too much train to chew chew on in that example.    

3 hours ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Much more concerned about this latest stock market correction than following an OA auction.

Nothing to worry about!  With no mark-to-market in OA, we can all pretend be confident that our art is holding steady in value this month.  Heck, I might even revalue some of my artwork higher - you know, "flight to quality" and all that, given all the awesome stuff I own. :idea: 

Edited by delekkerste