• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

February Heritage Auction Really Shaping Up!
2 2

366 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, NC101 said:

This is the one I was watching that really surprised me ($9600 all in), I thought Sin City pages usually sold for significantly less.

lf.jpeg

No, not significantly less.

I've sold pages for up to $15,000.

So does the McFarlane "The Conversational/Smashless Hulk" #344 page selling for $22.8k make the Larsen Spider-Man page for $26.4k look more or less reasonable? 

Discuss. 

Edited by comix4fun

16 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

So does the McFarlane "The Conversational/Smashless Hulk" #344 page selling for $22.8k make the Larsen Spider-Man page for $26.4k look more or less reasonable? 

Discuss. 

Both results are nuts in my opinion but in a way I suppose they represent a good sign for the hobby in that I have to think they are from newbies trying to stake a claim where they can. Neither artist or title are in my wheelhouse but I would imagine more seasoned collectors would not be driving up prices to these levels like this.

19 minutes ago, Lago32 said:

Both results are nuts in my opinion but in a way I suppose they represent a good sign for the hobby in that I have to think they are from newbies trying to stake a claim where they can. Neither artist or title are in my wheelhouse but I would imagine more seasoned collectors would not be driving up prices to these levels like this.

Agree but each splash had at least two-- and likely multiple-- bidders staking claims, driving prices higher.  Both Larsen and McFarlane prices have been strong of late as even seasoned collectors would attest.  I was shown the Larsen splash prior to consigning but I already have one.  The McFarlane Hulk is superb with amazing details but mentally I couldn't bring myself to bid higher than what I have into my McSpidey splash.

1 hour ago, Lago32 said:

I follow the McFarlane Hulk market more than the Larsen Spidey and the price for that Hulk panel was insane.  I guess I should be glad I still have a couple of McFarlane Hulk pages.

Malvin

5 minutes ago, malvin said:

I follow the McFarlane Hulk market more than the Larsen Spidey and the price for that Hulk panel was insane.  I guess I should be glad I still have a couple of McFarlane Hulk pages.

Malvin

I thought it was an amazing image of the hulk.  What was the final hammer?

1 minute ago, malvin said:

$26.4K!

It's amazing but is it $26K amazing?

Malvin

That is more than double where I thought it would go but when it was over $9k days before the auction closed I figured my estimate was likely low.  That is getting into Spiderman splash territory.

2 minutes ago, Twanj said:

What did people think of the Trimpe cover prelims?

I picked up the Surfer #17 prelim, about double what I expected.

SS_v1_17_Cover_prelim_crop.thumb.jpeg.1ac21e29098af4423cfddcd9f9dbaa75.jpeg

SS_v1_17_Cover_published.thumb.jpg.1f55af3de67ea4e9f1fd7bce3d7f7aea.jpg

I think the preliminary is better than the final version.  Not sure what the hammer was but definitely a cool piece to own :golfclap:

16 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

That is more than double where I thought it would go but when it was over $9k days before the auction closed I figured my estimate was likely low.  That is getting into Spiderman splash territory.

right! which I thought it was insane.  I thought $9K would have been a high water mark.  I didn't think McFarlane Hulk panel pages were 5 figure pieces

Malvin

2 hours ago, artdealer said:

No, not significantly less.

I've sold pages for up to $15,000.

What is it that makes this page more expensive than some others that sell 4-6k?