• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

February Heritage Auction Really Shaping Up!
2 2

366 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, Grant Turner said:

I have a question for HA consigners.  Where do you expect your pages to be at this stage in the auction vs their number at the final hammer? At about 1/2 of what it will ultimately sell for? 2/3?  Is there any kind of typical “ball park guesstimate” you can make based off of where things sit 3 days out?

21 hours ago, JadeGiant said:

Doubles up on day of auction is loose rule of thumb I look at but could obviously vary greatly up/down

The page I was watching started the final day at 469 and ended at 951

The Super v Spidey Treasury splash is now at almost $50k....crazy. I wonder if the high bidder(s) have taken the time to save the HA image and properly adjust the contrast ratio to see that 90% of the Superman figure is covered in whiteout...

6 minutes ago, Lago32 said:

The Super v Spidey Treasury splash is now at almost $50k....crazy. I wonder if the high bidder(s) have taken the time to save the HA image and properly adjust the contrast ratio to see that 90% of the Superman figure is covered in whiteout...

I've been watching this too... what a page!  I'm SOOOO thrilled I got my run of the mill DPS from this book last year, although it obviously is laughable in comparison to this legendary splash.  But I just wanted something from this incredible book.

I do hope whomever is lucky enough to win this knows enough to realize that these treasury pages are tiny.  Not that it matters but I remember the first time I learned that... for years I'd always assumed they were bigger than normal pages, certainly never dawned on me they'd be smaller!

As for the Superman figure being covered in whiteout? That's part of the legend of the book... Andru's original Superman art being reworked by Adams in spots, etc.  It's all good!

Original Comic Art:Splash Pages, Ross Andru, Neal Adams, Dick Giordano, and Terry Austin Superman vs. The Amazing Spider-Man ...

19 hours ago, fmaz said:

I've been watching this too... what a page!  I'm SOOOO thrilled I got my run of the mill DPS from this book last year, although it obviously is laughable in comparison to this legendary splash.  But I just wanted something from this incredible book.

I do hope whomever is lucky enough to win this knows enough to realize that these treasury pages are tiny.  Not that it matters but I remember the first time I learned that... for years I'd always assumed they were bigger than normal pages, certainly never dawned on me they'd be smaller!

As for the Superman figure being covered in whiteout? That's part of the legend of the book... Andru's original Superman art being reworked by Adams in spots, etc.  It's all good!

Original Comic Art:Splash Pages, Ross Andru, Neal Adams, Dick Giordano, and Terry Austin Superman vs. The Amazing Spider-Man ...

Sold $60 K

It wasn’t that long ago that the cover was listed at $65 K with Albert Moy. So how much is that worth now?

4 minutes ago, glendgold said:

Yeah, it was, uh, aspirational

You're gonna make aspirational™ a "thing" before this is all over. I know you will. 

29 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

Just imagine if there were only, like, FIVE Peanuts dailies available......

That would make me sad. At least I have a chance at a Peanuts.

10 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

What was the hammer?

$102,000 clams...all in.