• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Splitting Off Weekly Comic Art Auction To Different Night
1 1

22 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Jay Olie Espy said:

I just logged in through the app as I always do, except now I have to scroll through 600 comics to get to the art. Is that right? Is there a quicker way to get to the art?

Not sure about the app but the website has it listed as two separate "sessions" when you go through the "auction schedule" flow. Second link takes me right to the start of Mondays stuff (https://comics.ha.com/c/search.zx?saleNo=122001&sessionNo=2)

848135139_ScreenShot2019-12-30at5_33_06PM.thumb.png.e9a5a7d7100db3c266710263e57e74ce.png

26 minutes ago, 707comics said:

Not sure about the app but the website has it listed as two separate "sessions" when you go through the "auction schedule" flow. Second link takes me right to the start of Mondays stuff (https://comics.ha.com/c/search.zx?saleNo=122001&sessionNo=2)

848135139_ScreenShot2019-12-30at5_33_06PM.thumb.png.e9a5a7d7100db3c266710263e57e74ce.png

Okay, in the app, there’s a filter tab in the upper right corner that I can click on. Then there a “refinement” drop down menu that allows me to just select comic art. 

1 hour ago, BCarter27 said:

This is probably a good idea, but definitely the wrong week night. Most people are still overwhelmed from the beginning of the work week on Monday night. This will hurt art sales. They should go with Tues, Wed, or Thurs.

I always found dinner time on Sunday to be the WORST possible time, getting ready to go to work the next day so Monday is much better, but also not likely to clash with Clink auctions that often drag from Tues-Thurs in different sessions. If Sunday's were getting too long for all the lots Monday was really their last option.  Now there's an auctions possibly ending any night of the week in a given month. Sheesh.

7 hours ago, BCarter27 said:

This is probably a good idea, but definitely the wrong week night. Most people are still overwhelmed from the beginning of the work week on Monday night. This will hurt art sales. They should go with Tues, Wed, or Thurs.

5 hours ago, MYNAMEISLEGION said:

I always found dinner time on Sunday to be the WORST possible time, getting ready to go to work the next day so Monday is much better, but also not likely to clash with Clink auctions that often drag from Tues-Thurs in different sessions. If Sunday's were getting too long for all the lots Monday was really their last option.  Now there's an auctions possibly ending any night of the week in a given month. Sheesh.

Any specific day only matters in the short term; this time next year they'll be telling us every day is art (auction) day. Lots of BSD Estates to churn through ;)

I think splitting them out is a good idea.  The Sunday auctions have very few pieces of OA I am interested in.  I have only bought 3 pieces over the entire time thay have run them.  With all the OA in them these days, I seem to always miss the 1st few letters of the alphabet for comics.

2 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Both Spider-Man and Batman :cry:

Fortunately I am cheap and most of the time they go for more than I am willing to pay :banana: 

Hehe silver linings !

Edited by Bronty