• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2019 Year in Review
2 2

186 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Kingpin origin

Fat kid bullied in school-then he discovers eating and weight-lifting combo-

Begins loan sharking operation in 10th grade-

Edited by kav

12 hours ago, kav said:

The Green Globulin done as a sympathetic villain with spiderman as a bit player would be great!!  

Yup. A vampire version of the character would be interesting and tragic.  Morbius could be his mentor.

Edited by Ken Aldred

14 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

A wicked job by Joaquin 

I thought he was absolutely superb.

17 minutes ago, FoggyNelson said:

Pretty soon there won,t be any ASM villains left that havn,t been in the movies , they will have to

do the Gibbon soon oops I let the cat out of the bag L O L 😂😂

What if Brad Pitt plays the Gibbon & it becomes a $1000 book! lol

Are there any CGC 9.8 Gibbon 1st appearances?

Hmmm. Finally getting through slabbing my inherited collection. Just sent what I think are the last 4 worthwhile books in. I even went with budget rates this time. Pressing and slabbing ain’t cheap for silver age books!  I feel some sense of satisfaction in finishing and learning the grading standards from these boards. I’m not sure where to next...

4 minutes ago, Karl Liebl said:

Hmmm. Finally getting through slabbing my inherited collection. Just sent what I think are the last 4 worthwhile books in. I even went with budget rates this time. Pressing and slabbing ain’t cheap for silver age books!  I feel some sense of satisfaction in finishing and learning the grading standards from these boards. I’m not sure where to next...

Have you added any to the registry? Taking pics and uploading can be fun, once slabs are secure in their "storage", you can have the registry and pics to still feel close and look at the slabs :) 

Would love to see them! :shy: inheritance is a good story for the backdrop of viewing! :headbang: you can give the slabs a description, especially if there are any stories associated with the books.

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Have you added any to the registry? Taking pics and uploading can be fun, once slabs are secure in their "storage", you can have the registry and pics to still feel close and look at the slabs :) 

Would love to see them! :shy: inheritance is a good story for the backdrop of viewing! :headbang: you can give the slabs a description, especially if there are any stories associated with the books.

Wayyyy too many holes in my craptastic collection to bother with registry.  Maybe I’m too harsh on it. All I can say is “kids don’t expect great grades!”  FF 52 still the price leader even with an FF 8 in same grade. Kirby signed FF 13 was an unexpected hoot. I’m planning on dumping my Byrne issues to focus only on Kirby books. They never went anywhere. Beyond that who knows?  I prefer EC books more than super hero...

3 minutes ago, Karl Liebl said:

Wayyyy too many holes in my craptastic collection to bother with registry.  Maybe I’m too harsh on it. All I can say is “kids don’t expect great grades!”  FF 52 still the price leader even with an FF 8 in same grade. Kirby signed FF 13 was an unexpected hoot. I’m planning on dumping my Byrne issues to focus only on Kirby books. They never went anywhere. Beyond that who knows?  I prefer EC books more than super hero...

It's cool!

Just a thought :) Glad it jump started something for you!

I'm still priced out of FF #52 it would seem lol collections are personal, and everyone has their story!