• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2020 "THIS SET DOESN'T EXIST, PLEASE BUILD" REQUESTS
18 18

260 posts in this topic

On 11/13/2020 at 11:52 AM, RayJr said:

Hey my friend, I requested that set a while ago but no traction has been made yet. Hopefully soon. I’m tired of these long waits for sets being created and the rules of it has to have 2 books graded for a set to be created 

I feel you... based on the action these books are getting online, I’m sure it will be created soon enough... 🤞 

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, RayJr said:

I hope so. Straight ridiculous with this length of time to get a request done

Hello @RayJr

I am sorry to hear about your frustrations and I know you are not the only collector with those feelings. I assure you that I am working diligently to get all threads up to date. The score and slot requests are caught up and the set requests are actively being worked on. I have started to add the "completion date" (IE set created on 11/16/200 to the edited posts to provide further clarity on the progress of requests.

The CGC registry continues to grow exponentially and we are working hard to streamline the process and allocate resources. While it is not an exact science, you can see that the amount of posts in the 2019 threads compared to 2020. Also the size of requests continue to grow as modern sets are introduced the to collectors. For example, the "Do You Pooh" set contained over 1100 books. Unfortunately, set creation is time-consuming as it is a lot of data to sift through and edit. This set took 3 days on and off to complete. 

The examples above are strictly for transparency purposes and to provide an understanding of the process. I ask that you and our fellow collectors bare with us and exercise patience at this time. Please message me if you have any further issues. 

Thank you

Matt,

Can you please make a set for Star Wars: Jedi 2003?  There is one for Mace Windu, Yoda, Shaak Ti, Aayla Secura, and Count Dooku. I know they say one shot on them, but they all have matching style covers and are going for crazy prices graded right now.  Thanks CGC#3697321003 cgc#3717913010 cgc#3717913007 cgc#3717913009 for references. 

Hello @With-U-Is-The-Force!,

Thank you for your request. Unfortunately, I will not be able to build the set. These are one-shot books with individual storylines. Also, the books came out in 2003 and only the Mace Windu book has more than 20 copies graded. While the books may be selling for a premium, there is not enough of them graded by CGC to warrant a new set. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Hello Matt, I hope this today your are doing well.

Could please add the  Transformer's '84 Secrets & Lies by IDW publishing to the competitive sets. The issues that I know of are as follows:

Transformers'84  # 0 Cert.# 3730535001.

Transformers '84  # 1 Cert # 147662012 Convention Edition Limited to 300 issues.

Transformers '84 # 1 Retailer Incentive Cover A ( cert pending)

Transformers '84 # 1 Retailer Incentive Cover B (cert pending

Transformers '84  #1 Cover A ( cert pending)

Transformers '84 # 1 Cover B  Cert # 3730535011

Transformers '84 # 2  Cover A Cert # 3730535006

Transformers '84 # 2 Cover B Cert #3730535015

Transformers '84 # 2 Retailer Incentive Cover Cert # 3730535016

Transformers '84 # 3 Cover A Cert # 3730535018

Transformers '84 # 3 Cover B Cert # 3730535020 

Transformers'84 # 3 Retailer Incentive Cover Cert # 3730535021

Transformers '84 # 4  Cover A (Cert pending)

Transformers ' 84 100-page Giant ( release date has been pushed to Feb 2021) 

Set created on 2/17/21. Please note that #0 was not included as it is technically a one-shot book and is not part of the Secret & Lies set. Thank you

On 12/31/2019 at 9:18 AM, Matt G said:

2020 "THIS SET DOESN'T EXIST, PLEASE BUILD" REQUESTS

(*PLEASE READ - BIG CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE*)

This is the thread to request full set additions to the CGC Registry. (Requests for expansions to existing sets can be made in 2020 "I WANT THIS TO BE ADDED TO A SET" REQUESTS)

Please add your request to this thread. Also, check to make sure that the set does not already exist on the registry (it helps to skim through this thread and make sure another user hasn’t requested it already, too) Certification numbers of CGC Graded books will speed up the research process and are preferred. 

IMPORTANT:

*There must be more than one issue/book in the set or graded by CGC to create a set. As a rule, if there is only one issue graded (even if the issue & variant of the same issue are graded) we will not make the set. We prefer that there be evidence of someone collecting the series rather than just having passion for the one issue. You are welcome to display these books in the custom registry sets until you are able to obtain and grade additional issues. CGC reserves the right to reject a set creation request if it is deemed to be obscure or unpopular among the collecting community. We want the registry and its sets to be inclusive to all members, therefore some sets may be recommended as custom sets instead of competitive. 

*Any request for a "custom" or specialized set that is competitive will need a list to be provided. The complete list of books should be included in the request post. Competitive "Custom" sets are currently limited to Cover Artist complete sets & Mini-series/One-Shots sets for a character/title. Any others should be created using the non-competitive custom set option now available.

Please note: Custom/Specialized Sets expanding across different titles are very time consuming to build. Please be patient.

*Posts that have been edited after the original posting date will now be skipped and not revisited. Meaning, if you add more to your request at a later date, I will not fulfill it. Your request will be ignored and you will need to resubmit your request. In short, don't try to skip others. I'm hip to it. Don't do it.  Make a new post for your new requests, don't add to the old one.

When the set has been added, I will "LIKE" to your post directly, so you know when the set is available. I hope that this will help with the thread to not be so lengthy and be easier to see who's request was filled last and where you are in queue.

If you have any questions, please contact me at: matt@cgccomics.com

All the best for your collection in 2020!

Can you create Symbiote Spider-man: Alien Reality please? See attached photo of issue #2 CGC #3700607002 SS 9.8 graded. Thank you

@T.Rays collection,

I added the set to the existing Symbiote Spider-Man (Complete with variants). 2/23/21 Thank you

02276192398000103700607002.jpg

I’d like to request the following sets:

Hello @eyersman

The Best Of Dennis the Menace (Hallden Pub.) Unable to create as CGC has only graded 2 copies of #1, 1 copy of #2, 1 copy of #3, 3 copies of #4 and no copies of #5.

Tender Love Stories ( Skywald). Similar to Best of Dennis the Menace. CGC has only graded 5 copies of issue #1 & 2 and less of #3 and 4. I am not able to create this set as there is not enough graded copies to warrant the necessary demand for a set. I would suggest creating custom sets for these. 

Red Ryder(Dell). Set already exists. 

Dennis the Menace and the Bible Kids(Word Books). CGC has only graded issues #9 & 10. This set cannot be created at this time. 

Thank You!

Hello,

If possible could a set be created for Kull the Conqueror - the 2 issue set from 1983? I have the No.2. Cert # 3735036004.

If not enough books, could it possibly be added the existing Kull the Conqueror Volume # 3 registry?

Thank your for your time.

M

Hello @Crom Currie,

I created a Kull the Conqueror (Complete) set as this would not qualify as its own set nor could it be added to the two existing sets. Thank you. 2/23/21 .

On 12/31/2019 at 9:18 AM, Matt G said:

2020 "THIS SET DOESN'T EXIST, PLEASE BUILD" REQUESTS

(*PLEASE READ - BIG CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE*)

This is the thread to request full set additions to the CGC Registry. (Requests for expansions to existing sets can be made in 2020 "I WANT THIS TO BE ADDED TO A SET" REQUESTS)

Please add your request to this thread. Also, check to make sure that the set does not already exist on the registry (it helps to skim through this thread and make sure another user hasn’t requested it already, too) Certification numbers of CGC Graded books will speed up the research process and are preferred. 

IMPORTANT:

*There must be more than one issue/book in the set or graded by CGC to create a set. As a rule, if there is only one issue graded (even if the issue & variant of the same issue are graded) we will not make the set. We prefer that there be evidence of someone collecting the series rather than just having passion for the one issue. You are welcome to display these books in the custom registry sets until you are able to obtain and grade additional issues. CGC reserves the right to reject a set creation request if it is deemed to be obscure or unpopular among the collecting community. We want the registry and its sets to be inclusive to all members, therefore some sets may be recommended as custom sets instead of competitive. 

*Any request for a "custom" or specialized set that is competitive will need a list to be provided. The complete list of books should be included in the request post. Competitive "Custom" sets are currently limited to Cover Artist complete sets & Mini-series/One-Shots sets for a character/title. Any others should be created using the non-competitive custom set option now available.

Please note: Custom/Specialized Sets expanding across different titles are very time consuming to build. Please be patient.

*Posts that have been edited after the original posting date will now be skipped and not revisited. Meaning, if you add more to your request at a later date, I will not fulfill it. Your request will be ignored and you will need to resubmit your request. In short, don't try to skip others. I'm hip to it. Don't do it.  Make a new post for your new requests, don't add to the old one.

When the set has been added, I will "LIKE" to your post directly, so you know when the set is available. I hope that this will help with the thread to not be so lengthy and be easier to see who's request was filled last and where you are in queue.

If you have any questions, please contact me at: matt@cgccomics.com

All the best for your collection in 2020!

Please build a set for Avengers King-Size Annuals.

Hello @Phillip U. Daniels III

We do not have any books with that title in our system. Please PM me with any specific cert numbers and I will look into the set. Thank you

Hello Matt,

Please create the following set:

Humbug (#1-11)

Series was published by Humbug, Inc. in from August 1957-October 1958.

It was a humor magazine founded by Harvey Kurtzman, Will Elder, Jack Davis, Al Jaffee (all of Mad Magazine) and Arnold Roth, so the category ought to be humor.

If you need a certificate number I can provide one for issue #1.

Many thanks!

Set created on 2/23/21. Thank you

Please add a set for "Fantastic Four: Antithesis"

#1 - McGuinness Variant Cover

#1 - Pichelli Variant Cover

#1 - Variant Edition

#2 - Comics Elite "Virgin" Edition

#2 - Comics Elite Edition

#2 - Ross Sketch Cover

#2 - Ross Variant Cover

#2 - Variant Edition

Set created on 2/23/21. Thank you.

Matt, can you please add Star Wars: Starfighter-Crossbones CGG # 2125612005 and 2125612006 as reference? Dark Horse year 2002

Hello @With-U-Is-The-Force!

Unfortunately, we will not be able to create the set at this time due to the limited amount of books graded from this series. 

CGC has graded 1 copy of #1, 3 copies of #2 and 1 copy of #3. 

This would be a great series for a custom set.