• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2020 "THIS SET DOESN'T EXIST, PLEASE BUILD" REQUESTS
18 18

260 posts in this topic

Could you make a set for Eagle ( Crystal Publication) Thanks 

Hello @TJ Watson,

Thank you for your request. While we rarely deny set requests we would like to begin exercising more caution with approvals. The rules are not fully defined yet (we will always have gray areas) but I will have to reject this set request. The publishing for these books began in 1986 and contains 16 issues. CGC has only graded 3 of the 17 issues for a total of 14 books in the set being graded. This means that it is not a very popular set for registry purposes and we want to honor more popular requests as it interests a higher number of our collecting community. I apologize for any inconvenience. 

Matt:

Please create a "Bone (Complete)" set (which would include all books in the "Bone (Cartoon Books)" set and the 27 Image reprint issues #1-#27):

Bone #1 (Image) (2101297010) 

Bone #2 (Image) (2101297011) 

Bone #3 (Image) (2101297012) 

Bone #6 (Image) (2007088007) 

Bone #8 (Image) (2101297013) 

Bone #9 (Image) (2101297014) 

Bone #11 (Image) 2007088011) 

Bone #13 (Image) (2101297016)

Bone #14 (Image) (2101297017)

Bone #21 (Image) (2101297018)

Bone #22 (Image) (2101297019)

Bone #23 (Image) (2101297020)

Bone #26 (Image) (2101297021)

Bone #27 (Image) (2101297022)

Thanks - Mike

Set Created. Thank you

Matt:

Please create a "Mickey Rat (Complete)" set:

Mickey Rat #1 (0005629021)

Mickey Rat #2 (2041621004)

Mickey Rat #3 (2103653019)

Mickey Rat #4 (2103653020)

Mickey Rat #4  Second Printing (2103653021)

I've attached an excerpt from "Fogel's Underground Price & Grading Guide" with the price variations to distinguish First vs. Second printings. 

Thanks - Mike

Set created but I could not add #4 second print as we have not graded it. Also #3 and #4 received lower score values as there are not recent auction results for them. 

Underground Printings.jpg

Mickey Rat #4 CGC 5.5.jpeg

Mickey Rat #4 Second Printing CGC 5.5.jpeg

HI Matt, 

Could you please create a set for “Hunt for Wolverine”? Thanks for your great help. Luis 

Hello @LG99,

Unfortunately, Hunt for Wolverine is a one-shot comic and is not eligible for its own set. 

Hi Matt, 

Could you create the following sets please?

Elvira: Mistress of the Dark (There is an "Elvira Mistress of the Dark (1993)" set so if you want to add "(2018)" to the end to prevent confusion that would be cool.)

Certification #1478553013

John Wick

Certification #1248238005

Thanks for the help and if you need any additional info just let me know.

I created a new set titled Elvira: Mistress of the Dark (2018). I also created the John Wick set. Thank you

Hi ,

Could please create the following 2 early Centaur sets:

1) Detective Picture Stories,  Comics Magazine (Centaur),  #1 - #5

a #1 cert:  1999428007

a #2 cert:  1280154002

a #4 cert: 2109917015

2) World Famous Heroes Magazine, Centaur,  #1 - #4

a #1 cert: 0100664010

a #2 cert: 1997214025

a #4 cert: 1485562004

Thanks!!

Sets created. Thank you

On 4/1/2020 at 1:01 PM, WithUisTheForce!!!!!!! said:

Matt,

Please make a set for Star Wars (Marvel) Canadian Editions 64 through 107. Use CGC #2055430016 as reference. Unless, you feel it is better to add these issues as Variant's to the Star Wars (Marvel) #1 -#107 set.

Thank you

Books have been added as variants to the existing slots. 

Matt, the slots are not available. I tried to put my comics in but it replaced the ones I currently have in the regular slot. Also, the annuals need to be added and Return of the Jedi has Canadian Variants. I have #2 3 and 4 in Return of the Jedi Canadian Variants. They are listed in my sets now if you need a cert#

Matt:

Please create the "William Gibson's Alien 3" set:

William Gibson's Alien 3 #1 (2548554004)

Note: I only own a signed CGC SS version of #1.  I believe there are variant covers (A and B) for all five issues of this mini-series.

Thanks - Mike

Hello @Taxmick1,

Unfortunately, I will need to deny this request at this time. The CGC Census only shows 1 copy graded for issues 3-5, 2 graded for #4 and 3 graded for #1. There is not enough interest in this book currently to warrant a set creation. Thank you

Hello,

Would like to request X-Men: Phoenix:

X-Men: Phoenix #1, Certification #2064095023

X-Men: Phoenix #2

X-Men: Phoenix #3

Thank you - 

Hello @Scott Wendland,

Thank you for your patience. Unfortunately, this set would be best as part of a custom set and I will have to deny the request at this time due to the lack of copies grading. This set contains only 3 books and while we have graded each issue we have only graded the following:

#1 - 5 total

#2 - 1 total

#3 - 2 total

Please add Gobbledygook set to the registry.  Would love to post my #1 and #2 for everyone to see.

Hello @Expaperboy,

Thank you for your patience. Unfortunately, we will not be able to fulfill your request for a Gobbledygook set as it only contains two books and CGC has only graded 6 total copies. This does not meet the minimum requirements for a set created. These books can still be displayed as part of a custom set for all to see!

Browsing the registries I noticed something that could be done to add a little more consistency (and variety) between similar sets. This just might be my own biased preference though, but figured I would toss it out there:

Right now there is an Amazing Spider-Man #1-#25 set which allows people to collect a smaller collection rather than the typical #1-#100 set also available. All the similar series have a 1-100 set as well, but the only smaller set like this for another series is X-Men (1963) #1-#66, and it would be nice if such mini-runs could be made for other similar series. A run of 1-25 could work in all cases, but may I suggest the following which addresses certain key 'runs' in those books:

For example:
Iron Man #1-#10 (That covers the issues with the original flat title style, #11 onwards changed to a 3D drawn title.)
Avengers #1-15 (This covers the issues with the ORIGINAL Avengers team. #16 saw the first team roster change, which might not be what many want to collect)

Hello @Sauce Dog,

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to honor requests for smaller runs of popular titles, characters, etc. Please note that we want to limit repetitive sets and want to make sure that the requested sets are deemed to be popular among collectors. If you have a particular set, please create a new request in the thread and it will be added in the order by which it is received. 

On 4/8/2020 at 1:40 PM, WithUisTheForce!!!!!!! said:

Matt,

Can you please make a set for Star Wars Return of The Jedi in Canadian Edition?  Or, you can add it as a Variant to the set already made. Use CGC #2090868009 as reference.

Thanks

Hello @WithUisTheForce!!!!!!!,

The Canadian Editions have already been added to the current slots. Thank you

The slots do not show up for Canadian Editions so you can input the comics. Please look at my profile and see. I have inputted all of the canadian variants and they do not sow up. 

@WithUisTheForce!!!!!!!,

The books are sharing the slots with the U.S. copies. You are only able to add one book (The U.S. or the Canadian Edition) per slot. 

On 4/26/2020 at 2:52 PM, MAR1979 said:

Hello Matt, Hope you and CGC folks are well!

Seeking set creation, please, of:

Set:   Star Trek: The Enterprise Logs (1976)
Publication Dates:   1976 (Aug 1976 - Winter 1977)
Publisher:  Gold Key
Total Issues/Volumes: 4
CGC Census Link:  https://www.cgccomics.com/census/issues_bytitle.asp?title=Star+Trek%3a+The+Enterprise+Logs&publisher=Gold+Key

The 1st issue does not actually mention a volume number on cover nor in the interior and ofttimes is listed as NN, issues 2,3,4 all contain the volume nember

Thanks for all your efforts!

Set Created. Thank you

Thanks Matt!  Given these are rare almost 45 year old oversized books that Overstreet guide at $100, the point totals which are mere 25 or less seem extremely low. I feel a 9.4 should garner at least 200 and higher for 9.6 and above (non exist). Only 1 book in the entire series currently has been graded above 9.2 !  Highest graded in the entire series is a single 9.6.

No complaints, Glad to just have it listed and thanks again!

I have increased the point values but please note that I only found minimal auction results for #1 & #2 and none for #3 & #4 from our reputable source. The books may be rare but unfortunately,  so are the auction results.

Matt:

Please create "A-Team: War Stories" set:

A-Team: War Stories: Face #1 Retailer Incentive Edition (0320844024)

A-Team: War Stories: Hannibal #1 Retailer Incentive Edition (0227222029)

A-Team: War Stories: Murdock #1 (1511759003)

Thanks - Mike

Hello @Taxmick1,

Unfortunately, I will need to deny this request at this time. The CGC Census only shows 2 copies of the Murdock issue, 1 of Hannibal and 2 of Face graded.

On 3/26/2020 at 12:56 AM, david20009 said:

Could I please get a set created for all the Zenescope Hockey Covers

So far there have been 20 Zenescope hockey covers (although as far as I can tell only 14 have been graded by CGC). 

Please add:

1989682003 Grimm Fairy Tales v2 #16 Variant Cover G - Boston
1358848003 Grimm Fairy Tales #120 Variant Cover E - Chicago
1446246004 Grimm Tales of Terror v2 #7 Convention Edition - Detroit  
1555349010 Grimm Tales of Terror #3 Variant Cover D - Montreal
0256410011 Grimm Fairy Tales Presents Wonderland #27 Convention Edition - New York
0197583013 Neverland #3 Convention Edition - Philadephia Goalie
2055940023 Red Agent #5 3 Rivers Comicon Edition - Pittsburgh
2097603013 Robyn Hood: Outlaw #2 Variant Cover E - Washington
0301085011 Zombies vs Cheerleaders: Halloween Special #nn Variant Cover C - Zombies

Please note there are 3 versions of Red Agent #5 (please add, note the 3 Rivers is included with a certificate number above)

Red Agent #5 Wizard World Philadelphia Edition
Red Agent #5 VIP Edition
Red Agent #5 3 Rivers Comicon Edition (included with certificate number above)

All 3 have been graded I have attached scans of the Wizard World and VIP edition as they are very similar.  I have also attached my CGC 9.8 version I have but mine is labeled Wizard World Philadelphia Edition but it is the VIP book in the case.

The covers that have been graded that I do not have copies of that should be added are:

Van Helsing vs The Mummy of Amun-Ra 4 Convention Edition - Calgary
Grimm Fairy Tales: Inferno 3 Convention Edition
Grimm Fairy Tales vs. Wonderland 3 Pittsburgh Comicon Edition

The covers that have not been graded so I do not can believe can be added are:
Wonderland 39 (Canada Blue Jersey)
Wonderland 39 (Canada sheer Red jersey)
Tales of Terror v3 #9 (Edmonton)
Salem's Daughter 4 (Calgary)
Gretel #3 (Philly)
Grimm Fairy Tales vs. Wonderland 3 (other Pittsburgh Comicon Edition - there were 2 different covers)

Set Created. I was not able to add 2 books as our images did not show "Hockey" Covers.

Super happy you created this set.  I cannot find it thought when searching for either Zenescope or hockey or looking under "H" or "Z".  What is the set listed as?

My apologies, it should be visible now under the title "Zenescope Hockey Covers."

On 5/15/2020 at 4:56 PM, WithUisTheForce!!!!!!! said:

The slots do not show up for Canadian Editions so you can input the comics. Please look at my profile and see. I have inputted all of the canadian variants and they do not sow up. 

@WithUisTheForce!!!!!!!,

The books are sharing the slots with the U.S. copies. You are only able to add one book (The U.S. or the Canadian Edition) per slot. 

Why, do they share a slot?