• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2020 "I WANT THIS TO BE ADDED TO A SET" REQUEST
19 19

756 posts in this topic

if you could add these to the sets

G.I. Joe A Real American Hero (2010)

#252 Comic Market Street Sketch Edition    (2093886004)

also add to Iron Man #1-#332

258.1 A (Dave Ross cover)

258.1 B (Bob Layton Cover)

thanks 

John 

Slots Created. Thank you

Can the Star Wars Action Figure Variant Cover set please up updated

https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/SetTypeDetail.aspx?SetTypeID=4716

Star Wars (2015) - Note that Issues 66, 73 and 74 have two different action figure covers

#65 A-Wing Pilot
#66 Han Solo - Trench Coat
#66 Yoda Jedi Master (John Tyler Christopher Exclusive)

#67 Teebo
#68 AT-ST Driver

#69 EV-9D9
#70 8D8
#71 Imperial Gunner
#72 Prune Face

#73 Rancor Keeper
#73 Rancor Monster (John Tyler Christopher Exclusive)

#74 Paploo Added Action Figure Cover Variant. CGC has only graded one book with an action figure cover
#74 Han Solo Stormtrooper (John Tyler Christopher Exclusive)
#75 Anakin Skywalker (Force Ghost)

Star Wars (Original Marvel One-Shot)
#108 Valance Damaged

Star Wars Empire Ascendant
#1  Luke Skywalker: Jedi Knight Outfit

Rise of Kylo Ren
#1 Ben Solo

Vader Down (2016) - 6 of the 7 covers are there but the Buy Me Toys Variant is missing
#1 Vintage style Cardback (Buy me Toys Exclusive)

Thanks

Slots Created. Thank you

Could the Valiant Entertainment Gold Variants (2012+) be updated for the 5 most recent issues please

https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/SetTypeDetail.aspx?SetTypeID=4323

Bloodshot Rising Spirit #1 - Certificate 2072730001
Livewire #1 - Certificate 2054806002 (some reason Livewire doesn't designate Gold on the cover)
Life and Death of Toyo Harada #1 - Sorry don't have my scan handy
PSILords #1 - Certificate 2099074005
Bloodshot (2019) #1- Certificate 2077823001

Slots Created. Thank you

PSI Lords 1 Gold.jpg

IMG_7971.JPG

IMG_7963.JPG

IMG_7961.JPG

Can the Nintendo Comics (Valiant) be fixed please.

The Zelda books are all messed up.  This registry set lists 13 Zelda books when only 11 exist.

There are 5 issues of Zelda (1990) which all have a cover price of $1.95.  There is also a no-price variant for issue #1.
There are 5 issues of Zelda (1991) which all have a cover price of $1.50.  These could be considered second prints.

To complicate matters CGC has labeled some of the #1 issues of Zelda (1990):
Legend of Zelda 1 (1990,Valiant) – 85 copies
Link: The Legend of Zelda 1 (1990,Valiant) – 17 copies

Also there are plenty of 1990 and 1991 Valiant #1 labeled wrong (1990 books labelled as 1991 and vice versa)

To further confuse things while they used the same covers on the 1990 and 1991 series the issue numbers some covers are on vary.

In this post I attach scans of the 1990 series.  Apologies that issue 3 is not in a CGC slab.  I have included #1 slabbed as both Legend of Zelda and Link: The Legend of Zelda even though it is the same book.  I have also included the no price variant.

The next post will be the 5 1991 books (issues 2 and 5 are non slabbed examples)

Slots updated. Our experts are updating some of the titles internally as well. 

Zelda 1990 1 - different CGC Label.jpg

Zelda 1990 1 No Price Variant.jpg

Zelda 1990 1.JPG

Zelda 1990 2.jpg

Zelda 1990 3 - not CGC.jpg

Zelda 1990 4.jpg

Zelda 1990 5.jpg

Please add to the set: Walking Dead (Italy) https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/Comics/SetTypeDetail.aspx?SetTypeID=4887

#27 regular newsstand edition (please retain the existing variant "Zombie Walk Edition")

#37 Lucca Comics Variant

#37 Zombie Walk Variant

#40 Variant

#41 Etna Comics Variant

#43 Zombie Walk 2016 Variant

#48 Variant

#50 Variant

#50 Kirkman Variant

#55 Lucca 2018 Variant

#56 Lucca Variant

#56 Andrea Variant

#56 Governor Variant

#56 Michonne Variant

#56 Rick Variant

#58 Comicon Variant

#58 Romics Variant

#59 Pride 2019 Variant

#59 Sienziewicz Variant

#60 Sienziewicz Variant

#61 Sienziewicz Variant

#62 Sienziewicz Variant

#63 Sienziewicz Variant

Michonne Special

Michonne Special Bonelli Variant

Governor Special

Tyreece Special

The Walking Dead Special - Piccole Storie 2016

Thank you,

Stephen

The Italian Editions for the requested books above are not in the CGC system yet and cannot be added at this time. I am happy to circle back to this post if this changes. 

Please correct the set: Walking Dead (Italy) https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/Comics/SetTypeDetail.aspx?SetTypeID=4887

The existing comic #43 in the Registry "Adlard & Lucca Variant Edition" https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/Comics/SlotScoreDetail.aspx?SlotID=257261 is actually TWO comics, and was previously added inaccurately. The registry should show that there are FOUR versions of #43:

#43 Adlard Variant

#43 Lucca 2016 Variant

#43 Zombie Walk 2016 Variant (to be added please as per my earlier request in this thread).

Thank you,

Stephen

We only have the regular issue of Walking Dead #43 in our system and have not graded any of the variants yet. I did not make changes to this section as the current slots are empty. I am happy to update the slots once CGC grades the Italian Edition of any of the books as this will confirm the information. Thank you

Please correct the set listing for issue #25 of Walking Dead (Italy) https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/Comics/SetTypeDetail.aspx?SetTypeID=4887

There are 16 different covers in total as follows (the current listing for #25 can be amended or deleted):

Newsstand cover A, Axe

Newsstand cover B, Bat

Newsstand cover C, Chainsaw

Newsstand cover D, Machete

Adlard Sketch Variant

Chromium 100 Variant

Lucca Comics and Games Variant

Lucille Variant

Negan Variant

Hitch Variant

McFarlane Variant

Ottley Variant

Phillips Variant

Quitely Variant

Silvestri Variant

Zombie Walk Variant

Thank you,

Stephen

CGC has only graded the regular issue and Walking Dead Weekly #25. I am not able to add the other slots as we have not graded any of the books. Thank you

On 3/12/2020 at 10:55 AM, Taxmick1 said:

Please add to the "Star Trek (IDW Complete)" set:

Star Trek #49 Subscription Edition (1964246003)

Thanks - Mike

Slot Created. Thank you

Matt: This is only showing a point value of 1 for a 9.8 SS copy.

Please advise - thanks - Mike

Score Updated. Thank you

On 3/11/2020 at 5:58 PM, n2wdw said:

I applaud @Taxmick1 efforts to identify all these comics, both his recent posts and ones in the past in this thread.  He's really added to the Dave Stevens' covers set in a good way.  But with all respect, it seems to me that these back covers -- with the same promotional ads -- kind of flies against the spirit of the Dave Steven's cover set.  I suppose they satisfy the requirement to be added to the set, but I think they dilute the set.  But that just my opinion.

@n2wdw Thank you for your feedback. The boards are a great way for everyone to communicate their ideas, preferences, etc regarding sets in a public forum. We agreed that the advertisements may dilute the set but the books technically contain Dave Stevens Art. The slots will continue to be added to the set but only as non-competitive which allows everyone to add and manage the books without being detrimental to those who disagree as points will not be awarded.

@Taxmick1

Hello, this seems like a slippery slope to me.  Isn't this why we have the ability to create custom 'non-competitive' sets of our own?  I don't have a dog in the fight for this particular set but I would not like this approach to be taken with the sets that I do personally care about.  I can only speak for myself, but I imagine others may feel the same, when I say that there is a lot of pride in seeing your empty competitve slots being filled in as you work your rear end off to complete a competitive set.  You feel a sense of accomplishment looking at your set listing and seeing it filling in with books that LEGITIMATELY belong there.  You can easily obsess over those last couple books/empty slots you need to complete and fill in a set.

I would hate for some day a bunch of empty slots to appear in my competitive sets (I don't care that they don't get points) because someone wants 'non-competitive' books to be housed there as their own personal preference.  If they don't belong there as 'competitive' books then there shouldn't be slots for them in a 'competitive' set.  There is probably another competitive set that they belong in.  If not, then create one where they DO belong.  Lastly, a member can easily make a custom non-competitive set of their own if the books are that important to them... I do not think that CGC should put non-competitive slots in competitive sets, it's just ugly any way you look at it and lowers the standards of what should be a competitive set.

Edited by Iconic1s

11 hours ago, Iconic1s said:

Hello, this seems like a slippery slope to me.  Isn't this why we have the ability to create custom 'non-competitive' sets of our own?  I don't have a dog in the fight for this particular set but I would not like this approach to be taken with the sets that I do personally care about.  I can only speak for myself, but I imagine others may feel the same, when I say that there is a lot of pride in seeing your empty competitve slots being filled in as you work your rear end off to complete a competitive set.  You feel a sense of accomplishment looking at your set listing and seeing it filling in with books that LEGITIMATELY belong there.  You can easily obsess over those last couple books/empty slots you need to complete and fill in a set.

I would hate for some day a bunch of empty slots to appear in my competitive sets (I don't care that they don't get points) because someone wants 'non-competitive' books to be housed there as their own personal preference.  If they don't belong there as 'competitive' books then there shouldn't be slots for them in a 'competitive' set.  There is probably another competitive set that they belong in.  If not, then create one where they DO belong.  Lastly, a member can easily make a custom non-competitive set of their own if the books are that important to them... I do not think that CGC should put non-competitive slots in competitive sets, it's just ugly any way you look at it and lowers the standards of what should be a competitive set.

This post is concerning the "Dave Stevens Covers" set.  I've been trying to ignore and not respond to the posts (until now) regarding whether back cover artwork that is effectively advertisements for other books with Dave Stevens covers should be added to the set, as I apparently started this whole discussion with my own requests in recent months.  In this regard, I will mention that I'm a huge Dave Stevens fan and I started to studiously research and collect all of his (front) cover artwork when I discovered that there was a competitive "Dave Stevens Covers" set a couple of years ago.  I reviewed the known lists of Dave Stevens artwork and, in particular, artwork which included front covers only. These lists were fairly comprehensive; however, after a fair amount of additional research, I also discovered foreign edition books (French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch) that also had great Dave Stevens front cover artwork (some of which I had never seen on English books) and I requested that these books be added to the set.  It was only in mid-2019 that I noted that @n2wdw  had added a book (Dallas Comic-Con (2002) #nn) to the set that had Dave Stevens artwork on the back cover.  I reviewed comments on the boards and I couldn't locate any comments or disagreements (at that time) that back cover artwork and, in particular, advertisements of Dave Stevens covers should be excluded from the set.  In this regard, I don't really disagree with the comments expressed by @Iconic1s above.  If the majority of board members feel that "ad artwork" should be excluded, I'll accept that decision and I said as much to Matt when he advised that the "back covers ads" would not be included. I should stress that I also didn't request that Matt include any of these books as non-competitive additions to the Dave Stevens Covers set.  Matt informed me that this was what was going to happen.  However, it is also my humble opinion that either all of the books that have Dave Stevens artwork (front/back covers including advertisements) should be included as competitive books in the set or the back cover books with ads should perhaps just be completely removed.  I don't really share the opinion that it necessarily "dilutes" the integrity of the set.  Artwork is artwork.  Some of the back cover advertisements are full or almost full pages that depict classic Dave Stevens artwork (see below).  I will state again, in my opinion, that this it is a bit of a "slippery slope" once you start excluding this book or that book for one reason or another.  Some of the current Dave Stevens Covers in the set (that I also requested be added) have front covers with just a small piece of artwork by Dave Stevens in relative terms to the entire front cover (see below).  Should these books also be excluded?  Obviously, it is subjective … but if there are specific "rules/guidelines" as to what books should or should not be in any given set, I'd be interested in reading them.             

Twisted Tales #4 CGC 9.6 (Dave Stevens Back Cover).jpeg.jpg

Airboy #8 CGC 9.8 (Back Cover).jpeg

34 Comic Book Covers Featuring Bettie Page #NN CGC 9.4.jpeg

1 hour ago, Taxmick1 said:

This post is concerning the "Dave Stevens Covers" set.  I've been trying to ignore and not respond to the posts (until now) regarding whether back cover artwork that is effectively advertisements for other books with Dave Stevens covers should be added to the set, as I apparently started this whole discussion with my own requests in recent months.  In this regard, I will mention that I'm a huge Dave Stevens fan and I started to studiously research and collect all of his (front) cover artwork when I discovered that there was a competitive "Dave Stevens Covers" set a couple of years ago.  I reviewed the known lists of Dave Stevens artwork and, in particular, artwork which included front covers only. These lists were fairly comprehensive; however, after a fair amount of additional research, I also discovered foreign edition books (French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch) that also had great Dave Stevens front cover artwork (some of which I had never seen on English books) and I requested that these books be added to the set.  It was only in mid-2019 that I noted that @n2wdw  had added a book (Dallas Comic-Con (2002) #nn) to the set that had Dave Stevens artwork on the back cover.  I reviewed comments on the boards and I couldn't locate any comments or disagreements (at that time) that back cover artwork and, in particular, advertisements of Dave Stevens covers should be excluded from the set.  In this regard, I don't really disagree with the comments expressed by @Iconic1s above.  If the majority of board members feel that "ad artwork" should be excluded, I'll accept that decision and I said as much to Matt when he advised that the "back covers ads" would not be included. I should stress that I also didn't request that Matt include any of these books as non-competitive additions to the Dave Stevens Covers set.  Matt informed me that this was what was going to happen.  However, it is also my humble opinion that either all of the books that have Dave Stevens artwork (front/back covers including advertisements) should be included as competitive books in the set or the back cover books with ads should perhaps just be completely removed.  I don't really share the opinion that it necessarily "dilutes" the integrity of the set.  Artwork is artwork.  Some of the back cover advertisements are full or almost full pages that depict classic Dave Stevens artwork (see below).  I will state again, in my opinion, that this it is a bit of a "slippery slope" once you start excluding this book or that book for one reason or another.  Some of the current Dave Stevens Covers in the set (that I also requested be added) have front covers with just a small piece of artwork by Dave Stevens in relative terms to the entire front cover (see below).  Should these books also be excluded?  Obviously, it is subjective … but if there are specific "rules/guidelines" as to what books should or should not be in any given set, I'd be interested in reading them.             

Twisted Tales #4 CGC 9.6 (Dave Stevens Back Cover).jpeg.jpg

Airboy #8 CGC 9.8 (Back Cover).jpeg

34 Comic Book Covers Featuring Bettie Page #NN CGC 9.4.jpeg

I think we agree.  My main point is that CGC needs to make a decision one way or another.  Either books belong in a set or they don’t.  To add slots to competitive sets but not award points is just wishy washy. I only chimed in to offer my perspective, which is that it feels pretty awesome to get a set to 100% complete. It would drive me nuts to have to look at a set listing I really care about, and have worked on for years, just to see slots that don’t actually ‘count’ and MAYBE shouldn’t even be there but that I now have to see empty every time I look at my set.

I also agree that it would be nice to see what the actual rules/guidelines are on all of this.   I might imagine that whatever the notes say on the CGC Label would be a starting point as to whether a book belongs in a set (i.e ‘Dave Stevens Cover Art’ in this example).  To be very honest, if this new standard was applied to all sets I would probably just delete my sets and go about my business without the Registry, but that’s just me.   

Regardless of where they are added you have some beautiful books.  

52 minutes ago, Iconic1s said:

I think we agree.  My main point is that CGC needs to make a decision one way or another.  Either books belong in a set or they don’t.  To add slots to competitive sets but not award points is just wishy washy. I only chimed in to offer my perspective, which is that it feels pretty awesome to get a set to 100% complete. It would drive me nuts to have to look at a set listing I really care about, and have worked on for years, just to see slots that don’t actually ‘count’ and MAYBE shouldn’t even be there but that I now have to see empty every time I look at my set.

I also agree that it would be nice to see what the actual rules/guidelines are on all of this.   I might imagine that whatever the notes say on the CGC Label would be a starting point as to whether a book belongs in a set (i.e ‘Dave Stevens Cover Art’ in this example).  To be very honest, if this new standard was applied to all sets I would probably just delete my sets and go about my business without the Registry, but that’s just me.   

Regardless of where they are added you have some beautiful books.  

I think, ideally, the question should be "does the cover (either front or back)" represent art?  I think all three of the above back covers qualify as art.  The only questionable one would be Twisted Tales 4, and I wouldn't argue if someone argued it should be removed from the set. 

This is just my opinion, but I don't think all the Rocketeer Adventures comics with the same house ad on the back cover qualifies as "art".  My issue with those comics is they used the same house ad in so many comics.  That's what I mean by diluting the set, since it's the same house ad in multiple comics. But again, this is just my opinion. 

I suppose that giving those comics 0 points is a reasonable compromise. I tend to agree with @Iconic1s that it kind of detracts from my enjoyment of the set to see so many empty slots (as I'll never buy those comics).  But I also agree with @Taxmick1 that this is all subjective.

2 hours ago, n2wdw said:

I think, ideally, the question should be "does the cover (either front or back)" represent art?  I think all three of the above back covers qualify as art.  The only questionable one would be Twisted Tales 4, and I wouldn't argue if someone argued it should be removed from the set. 

This is just my opinion, but I don't think all the Rocketeer Adventures comics with the same house ad on the back cover qualifies as "art".  My issue with those comics is they used the same house ad in so many comics.  That's what I mean by diluting the set, since it's the same house ad in multiple comics. But again, this is just my opinion. 

I suppose that giving those comics 0 points is a reasonable compromise. I tend to agree with @Iconic1s that it kind of detracts from my enjoyment of the set to see so many empty slots (as I'll never buy those comics).  But I also agree with @Taxmick1 that this is all subjective.

You guys are infinitely more qualified than I will ever be in regards to this particular set, and what belongs there. (worship) 

I just don’t like the idea of having slots in competitive sets that no points are awarded to.  If it belongs there then it should 100% belong there and be given points, if it doesn’t belong there enough to get points then it shouldn’t be there at all.

I felt compelled to share this opinion, regardless of what is decided for this set, because I know I would have a hard time accepting this approach for a set I was building.

Okay, sorry to beat a dead horse. 

17 minutes ago, Iconic1s said:

You guys are infinitely more qualified than I will ever be in regards to this particular set, and what belongs there. (worship) 

I just don’t like the idea of having slots in competitive sets that no points are awarded to.  If it belongs there then it should 100% belong there and be given points, if it doesn’t belong there enough to get points then it shouldn’t be there at all.

I felt compelled to share this opinion, regardless of what is decided for this set, because I know I would have a hard time accepting this approach for a set I was building.

Okay, sorry to beat a dead horse. 

I respect the opinion of both @n2wdw and @Iconic1s … but I do believe that any Dave Stevens artwork (front or back cover, advertisement for his published covers or original art) should be included in this competitive set. Otherwise, it's just subjective.

What will we do next if someone states that foreign editions shouldn't be included?  Or Canadian variants shouldn't (have no idea if they exist, but I'm Canadian)?  There are some VERY obscure Dave Stevens covers ( a couple of Norwegian books come to mind), but that's half the fun!  Finding those gems to add to your collection.  You likely can't find them in 9.6 or 9.8 condition, but if you love collecting Dave Stevens covers, you'll want them for your collection and to add them to this set!  I'm not making this case because I'm currently at the top of the "Dave Stevens Covers" set or even that I'm trying to get to the top (I'm currently #2). @n2wdw has been #1 for the last few years and likely will always be #1 as most of Mike's books are very high grade and I'm just not interested in finding 9.6 or 9.8 copies of books that I already own in 9.2 or 9.4 (or even lower grades) condition.  I just like the challenge of finding the books.  I do understand that it can be frustrating for new books to be added to a set you are fervently collecting.  I spent considerable time, effort, and money collecting and purchasing 192 high grade books for the "Dark Knight III: The Master Race" set and it would likely bother me for a "minute or two" if someone found 10+ variant covers than I didn't know even existed … but again, the challenge of finding those books and adding them to my set would be worth the "pain"!  As I've stated, I don't believe 1/2 page or full page advertisements on back covers depicting iconic Dave Stevens artwork dilutes the set or reduces the validity that they should be added.  Again, just my opinion.  Sorry also to highjack the thread.  

if these could be added to Venom {2017}

#161 Holy Grail Comics Edition   2102994024 Slot Created. 

also add to Amazing Spider-man: renew your vows (2017)

#13 Stan lee Box Edition   2102994022 Slot Created. 

also the new wonder woman #750 to whichever set it belongs to Slot Created.  in the Wonder Woman (Rebirth-2016) set. Please note that I added the standard issue. If you are requesting a variant please provide the certification number.

thanks 

John