• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2020 "I WANT THIS TO BE ADDED TO A SET" REQUEST
19 19

756 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Taxmick1 said:

I spent considerable time, effort, and money collecting and purchasing 192 high grade books for the "Dark Knight III: The Master Race" set and it would likely bother me for a "minute or two" if someone found 10+ variant covers than I didn't know even existed …

Sorry to keep coming back in here but this is considerably different than CGC adding 'non-competitive' slots to 'competitive' sets.  These '10+ variants covers' would belong in that set and I doubt there would be much push back on that.  This has happened to me as far as variants/later printings and I just got right back to the task of hunting them down, that's what WE do.  There may be books in many sets that haven't yet been found, or added to sets yet, and that SHOULD be added.  If you guys want to add books to a 'cover' set that have an ad on the back by that artist, then go for it.  My issue is with them being added but not being competitive... this is the slippery slope I originally referred to.

I do not believe that there should be ANY slots in a 'competitive' set that aren't assigned a point value.  This is contrary to the very name 'competitive' itself.  We have the ability to create custom sets for those times when we really want to put a group of books that we personally believe belong together in one place.  CGC adding slots to competitive sets but not allowing them to count blurs the line between a competitive set and a custom one.

Like I said before, either they 100% belong there and are given points (and I start trying to find them), or they don't belong there and no one has to stare at an empty slot or two in a set that would be otherwise complete.   

On 3/11/2020 at 9:23 AM, Bloodlikefire said:

Hello Matt,

For the CGC registry set Madame Mirage,

Can you please add Madame Mirage #2 and Madame Mirage #3 to the registry set.

I see #2 Convention Edition and #3 Wizard World Con edition, but no regular editions for these two. 

Thank you for your time in this matter,

Scott 

#2 added but CGC has not graded a #3 so it cannot be added yet. 

Hi Matt,

Can you please split Madame Mirage #1 Convention edition from Madame Mirage #1 Convention Fantastic Realm/ Top Cow 2007 Shared Convention Exclusive Edition. 

I have one of each so I know they are different books.

Scott

Can you please provide the certification numbers? Our system is only showing Madame Mirage #1 6/07 Convention Edition Image/Top Cow. We do not have a fantastic realm edition in our system.

On 3/17/2020 at 12:07 AM, david20009 said:

Could the Valiant Entertainment Gold Variants (2012+) be updated for the 5 most recent issues please

https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/SetTypeDetail.aspx?SetTypeID=4323

Bloodshot Rising Spirit #1 - Certificate 2072730001
Livewire #1 - Certificate 2054806002 (some reason Livewire doesn't designate Gold on the cover)
Life and Death of Toyo Harada #1 - Sorry don't have my scan handy
PSILords #1 - Certificate 2099074005
Bloodshot (2019) #1- Certificate 2077823001

Slots Created. Thank you

PSI Lords 1 Gold.jpg

IMG_7971.JPG

IMG_7963.JPG

IMG_7961.JPG

Thanks for adding the slots.  Much appreciated.  However when I go to enter my Livewire book (scan above) it says it is ineligible for the slot when it is most definitely the gold cover.

I am aware of your email request and our customer service team is looking into this. Please note that your book is not labeled as the Gold Edition and therefore will not be eligible for the slot. If our experts determine that it is labeled incorrectly, we can adjust the information in our system (allowing you to enter into the gold edition slot) and provide instructions on how to submit to have it fixed free of charge

On 3/18/2020 at 11:59 AM, StephenWA said:

Please correct the set listing for issue #25 of Walking Dead (Italy) https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/Comics/SetTypeDetail.aspx?SetTypeID=4887

There are 16 different covers in total as follows (the current listing for #25 can be amended or deleted):

Newsstand cover A, Axe

Newsstand cover B, Bat

Newsstand cover C, Chainsaw

Newsstand cover D, Machete

Adlard Sketch Variant

Chromium 100 Variant

Lucca Comics and Games Variant

Lucille Variant

Negan Variant

Hitch Variant

McFarlane Variant

Ottley Variant

Phillips Variant

Quitely Variant

Silvestri Variant

Zombie Walk Variant

Thank you,

Stephen

CGC has only graded the regular issue and Walking Dead Weekly #25. I am not able to add the other slots as we have not graded any of the books. Thank you

Again, I am trying to get ahead of the curve. I am a collector of this set, and would like it shown accurately.

Please add the books.

Regards

Stephen

On 3/19/2020 at 6:22 PM, Bloodlikefire said:

Hi Matt,

Can you please split Madame Mirage #1 Convention edition from Madame Mirage #1 Convention Fantastic Realm/ Top Cow 2007 Shared Convention Exclusive Edition. 

I have one of each so I know they are different books.

Scott

Can you please provide the certification numbers? Our system is only showing Madame Mirage #1 6/07 Convention Edition Image/Top Cow. We do not have a fantastic realm edition in our system.

1048334240_MadameMirage3.thumb.jpg.3ec318315e433e74a557f050e6e8544e.jpg

999745158_MadameMirage1con.thumb.jpg.64516d677ffd9587eb231dbec2562f78.jpg

On 3/21/2020 at 1:36 AM, Bloodlikefire said:

1048334240_MadameMirage3.thumb.jpg.3ec318315e433e74a557f050e6e8544e.jpg

999745158_MadameMirage1con.thumb.jpg.64516d677ffd9587eb231dbec2562f78.jpg

The SS is on its way back to you guys for re-holdering. These are clearly not the same book,

Scott

I have provided the images and certification numbers to our graders for review. I will update once I have a response.

Hi Matt,

London is now in lockdown, the boys in Bloomsbury have been supplied with industrial amounts of hand sanitiser by your head office. I probably got my last  package in before they close up.

Watch the movie 28 days later to get a feel!

I have one new addition to the Dell Otto Cover Set: Amazing Spider-man#2   reg 0360627008.

I hope all is well for you and your colleagues over in the US

Regards

Rob

Hello Rob, 

Slot created. Hope all is well and stay safe.

Hey Matt,

I hope you and the crew are well!

Can you add the following books to the Gideon Falls (2018) set:

Book: Gideon Falls 6 Lemire Variant Cover #2505740009

Book: Gideon Falls 7

Book: Gideon Falls 7 Lotay Variant Cover #2492681005

Book: Gideon Falls 8

Book: Gideon Falls 11 Suayan Variant Cover #2499838001

Book: Gideon Falls 14 Fish Variant Cover #2537655001

Book: Gideon Falls 16 Fawkes Variant Cover #2545275005

Thank you,

Bill

Slots Created. Thank you

I've noticed that Wonder Woman issue 750 has been added to the set: Wonder Woman (Rebirth - 2016) shouldn't issue 750 be under volume 1 of Wonder Woman instead of volume 5 due to the going back to the legacy numbering??

Hello @Steve Trevor. Thank you for your post. I checked with our experts and received the information below. 

The current (5th) series of WONDER WOMAN started in 2016 (as part of DC's line-wide "Rebirth" rebranding).

The series got up to issue #83 a few months ago, and following that issue, the series switched to "Legacy Numbering"  (i.e. the numbering the series would be at if you add all the previous series together.)
So in spite of the high issue, the issue is indeed a continuation of the current "Rebirth" series. So it sounds like all is good! 

Matt:

Please add to the "Poison Elves (Sirius)" set:

Poison Elves: Lusiphur & Lirilith #1 (2103656016)

Poison Elves: Lusiphur & Lirilith #2 (2103656017)
Poison Elves: Lusiphur & Lirilith #3 (2103656018)
Poison Elves: Lusiphur & Lirilith #4 (2103656019)

Thanks - Mike

Slots Created. Thank you

Hi Matt,

Please add to the following sets.....

Set: Cosmic Ghost Rider (2018 Marvel)

Book: Cosmic Ghost Rider #3 (2nd printing)

Cert 2096749005

Slot Created

Set: Silk (2016 2nd Series)

Books: All variants 1-4 and all numbers AND variants 5-19

Cert: 1298031003

All available slots created

Thanks Much!

Miz

• Administrator
On 3/19/2020 at 12:44 PM, n2wdw said:

I think, ideally, the question should be "does the cover (either front or back)" represent art?  I think all three of the above back covers qualify as art.  The only questionable one would be Twisted Tales 4, and I wouldn't argue if someone argued it should be removed from the set. 

This is just my opinion, but I don't think all the Rocketeer Adventures comics with the same house ad on the back cover qualifies as "art".  My issue with those comics is they used the same house ad in so many comics.  That's what I mean by diluting the set, since it's the same house ad in multiple comics. But again, this is just my opinion. 

I suppose that giving those comics 0 points is a reasonable compromise. I tend to agree with @Iconic1s that it kind of detracts from my enjoyment of the set to see so many empty slots (as I'll never buy those comics).  But I also agree with @Taxmick1 that this is all subjective.

Hello @Taxmick1 @Iconic1s @n2wdw. Thank you for proving your feedback regarding this issue. We do not have a policy in place regarding artwork in advertisements but I think it is best to exclude them from the sets all together. I initially added them as non-competitive to honor the request but it sounds like we are in agreement that they should simply be removed.

The goal of the registry is to allow collectors to proudly display their books while competing with other enthusiasts. Completing sets can be satisfying and frustrating so eliminating gray area from the sets makes sense. We do not know how many other books the advertisement may have been used for and this may expand the set exponentially. It would be very difficult for collectors to search for and purchase books with an artist advertisement and will cause some to scramble to keep up by buying books that they may not necessarily be interested in. I would suggest adding these types of books to custom sets which can still be proudly displayed by our collectors. 

I am always open for suggestions as we want everyone to enjoy the registry so please feel free to reach out via the boards or email. 

matt@cgccomics.com

On 3/24/2020 at 10:36 AM, Taxmick1 said:

Matt:

Please add to the "Marvel's Facsimile Set":
Fantastic Four Annual: Facsimile Edition #6 (2103651006)

Incredible Hulk: Facsimile Edition #180 (2103651004)

Thanks - Mike 

Slots Created. Thank you

Matt:

I can't seem to locate: Fantastic Four Annual: Facsimile Edition #6 (2103651006) in the "Marvel's Facsimile Set".

Mike

Hi Mike,

I refreshed the set, please try again.