• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2020 "I WANT THIS TO BE ADDED TO A SET" REQUEST
19 19

756 posts in this topic

Hello Matt,

This may not be the perfect place for this note, but I do know that you look here. Something has gone wrong with collectors' texts in "Set Descriptions" - it has all gone bold in presentation, whereas I used to use bold text to highlight certain aspects of my text. Likewise "Comic Descriptions" have also been similarly effected.

PLEASE correct this by reinstating the former presentation.

Thank you in anticipation,

Regards

Stephen

Hello @StephenWA,

Can you please let me know if there are specific sets that this is affecting? I browsed a handful of your sets and do not see any issues. I checked a few of your TWD sets as I get the feeling that you are a fan.:bigsmile:

Hello Matt,

Could you please add these to the Army of Darkness set-

Army of Darkness #v3 #13

Army of Darkness/Bubba Ho-Tep #2 covers A and C

Thank you

Slots Created. FYI CGC has not graded Cover A so it could not be added. Thank you

11 hours ago, StephenWA said:

Hello Matt,

This may not be the perfect place for this note, but I do know that you look here. Something has gone wrong with collectors' texts in "Set Descriptions" - it has all gone bold in presentation, whereas I used to use bold text to highlight certain aspects of my text. Likewise "Comic Descriptions" have also been similarly effected.

Regards

Stephen

It’s probably a new “feature” 😂

Hey Matt,

Please add to the Army of Darkness set

Army of Darkness/Bubba Ho-Tep #2

I forgot they don't list cover A on the label or the census slot.

Thanks for the additions:)

Slot Created. Thank you

Please add the following to the Star Wars (2015) set. Thanks.

Star Wars (2015) #4 - Gamestop Edition (2113684001)

Star Wars (2015) #4 - Gamestop Store Edition (2113684002)

Star Wars (2015) #14 - Variant Edition (2113684004)

Star Wars (2015) #60 - Variant Edition (2113684010)

Star Wars (2015) #73 - Reis Variant Cover (2113684012)

Slot Created. Thank you

On 5/2/2020 at 7:45 PM, CBass said:

Can we please create slots for the Canadian Price Variants for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures series(1988 Mini Series & 1989 Ongoing Series)

Set: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures
Book(s): There are ALOT of Canadian Price Variants for these 2 series.

1988 Series: #1-#3
1989 Series: #1-#72 (I'm not sure if CGC has graded a CPV for every number, or if there is a way to tell, but can you at least add #23 CPV as I just got 1 back. Cert# 2109758003)

Slots above created. 

Also, can we add these TMNT themed novelty books?

Set: TMNT - One Shots & Mini Series

Books:

Amazing Heroes #45 (1984) Fantagraphics Books.  This book is coveted by TMNT collectors because it has 1 of the first ads for the TMNT #1 issue. (I just received a copy back, Cert# 2535198001)

Comics Journal #89 (1984) Fantagraphics Books. Very similar to the book above, as it contains 1 of the earliest ads for the TMNT #1 issue.  (I have to copies currently at CCS)

Independent Comic Book Sampler #2 (1988) Geoff Miller. Another sought after book by TMNT collectors because it has a classic Eastman cover.  (I just received a copy back, Cert# 2535198003)

Thanks!

Unfortunately, these are only advertisements for another book and are not technically appearances in the story line. These are not eligible for the competitive registry but you can add them to your custom sets. 

IMG_3959.JPG

IMG_3961.JPG

@Matt G

Hey Matt, 

No worries on the ad books...totally understand.

But regarding the Canadian Price Variants, I was under the impression they should/would have their own slots? Meaning I could have the regular version registered as well as the variant version.

Hello @CBass,

This is not a "complete with variants" set so I followed the previous structure in place which is to add the books to the existing slots. 

On 5/5/2020 at 11:46 AM, StephenWA said:

Hello Matt,

Regards

Stephen

Hello @StephenWA,

Can you please let me know if there are specific sets that this is affecting? I browsed a handful of your sets and do not see any issues. I checked a few of your TWD sets as I get the feeling that you are a fan.:bigsmile:

Hi Matt

Thank you for your check and quick response. Something peculiar is happening. When I open ANY of my sets, or comics on my Mac (usingSafari), all the text shows as bold. Until last week it was just showing fine. And now it is not.

On my iPad however, the same text is fine (it is presented in the font/bold as I entered it).

Any ideas why it is showing differently? Sorry to be a bother.

Regards

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

The website that we use to host the CGC registry is a bit outdated so I can only assume that a small change that we made had a ripple effect. Sometimes, lesser used browsers are not updated due to time/budget constraints. I use google chrome and everything is working fine. Our long term goal is to have the CGC registry merged onto the www.cgccomics.com website but this will take a lot of time, effort and money of course. 

Hi Registry Team,

Please add a spot for Quasar #33 Printing Error (as exemplified by CGC #2101508003) to the Quasar (1989) set in the registry.

Also, just a quick note for the CGC database regarding these books for future grading - Quasar #'s 32, 33 & 34 were renumbered as 1, 2 & 3 for Newsstands during the "Operation Galactic Storm" crossover because by that time the book had been Direct Market only for some time.  Currently the CGC notes correctly label some of these as "printing errors" in instances where these are graded with the 30th Anniversary Spidey box in place of the UPC. However, if any copies of these books come in for grading and have a UPC barcode rather than the Spidey Anniversary box, then the proper annotation should be "Renumbered for Newsstand Edition", meaning that the CGC database would ideally reflect a Quasar #32, a Quasar #32 "Error Edition" [Numbered as issue 1 with Spidey], and a Quasar #32 "Renumbered for Newsstand Edition" [Numbered as issue 1 with barcode]. This pattern holds true for Quasar issues #32, 33 & 34.

It's just something to be aware for database integrity in case this arises. :)

Thank you!

Slot Created. Thank you for providing the details regarding the numbering of issues. I will pass it along but typically, the label information will be left to the graders discretion.

On 5/7/2020 at 2:20 PM, StephenWA said:

Hi Matt

Thank you for your check and quick response. Something peculiar is happening. When I open ANY of my sets, or comics on my Mac (usingSafari), all the text shows as bold. Until last week it was just showing fine. And now it is not.

On my iPad however, the same text is fine (it is presented in the font/bold as I entered it).

Any ideas why it is showing differently? Sorry to be a bother.

Regards

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

The website that we use to host the CGC registry is a bit outdated so I can only assume that a small change that we made had a ripple effect. Sometimes, lesser used browsers are not updated due to time/budget constraints. I use google chrome and everything is working fine. Our long term goal is to have the CGC registry merged onto the www.cgccomics.com website but this will take a lot of time, effort and money of course. 

I tried Chrome, and everything is back in the correct presentation. Thank you !

Funny - Apple/Safari is normal awesome for everything!

Regards

Stephen

Please add the following to the Darth Vader (2015) set. Thanks.

Darth Vader (2015) #16 - Second Printing (2114375012)

Darth Vader (2015) #20 - Second Printing (2114375014)

Darth Vader (2015) #21 - Second Printing (2114375017)

Darth Vader (2015) #23 - Second Printing (2114375019)

Slots Created. Please do not edit posts to add more items as they will be skipped over in the future per the posting guidelines. 

Matt,

Could you please add the following to the Lucio Parrillo Cover set:

Queen Sonja 32 2012 Dynamite Entertainment 2118185001
Red Sonja: Vulture's Circle 2 Variant Cover C 2118185002

Vengeance of Vampirella v2 #4 ""Virgin"" Edition 2118185003
Red Sonja: Age of Chaos 1 Parrillo ""Virgin"" Edition 2118185004
Red Sonja: Vulture's Circle 3 Variant Cover C 2118185005
Vengeance of Vampirella v2 #5 ""Virgin"" Edition 2118185006 
Vampirella/Red Sonja 4 Parrillo ""Virgin"" Edition 2118185007
Vampirella v5 #8  Parrillo ""Virgin"" Edition 2118185008
Vengeance of Vampirella v2 #7 ""Virgin"" Edition 2118185009
Vengeance of Vampirella v2 #2  ""Virgin"" Edition 2118185011
Queen Sonja 35 2118185012
Red Sonja and Vampirella Meet Betty and Veronica 1 Scorpion Comics Teal Edition 2118185013

Thank you!

Slots Created. Thank you

Hi,

Could you please add the following comics to existing sets:

Set: Detective Comics #934-#1000

Comic: Detective Comics #1000 Hughes Variant Cover

Cert: 2037858008

Set: Wonder Woman (Rebirth - 2016)

Comic: Wonder Woman #750 JScottCampbell.com Edition C

Cert: 2103954006

Set: X-Men Gold

Comic: X-Men Gold 30 Granov Variant Cover C

Cert: 1998246008

Thank you very much,

Gary

Slots Created. Thank you

Matt:

Please add to the "Aliens One-Shot" set:

William Gibson's Alien 3 #1 (2548554004)

Thanks - Mike

Hi Mike,

This book is not eligible for the Aliens One-shot set as it is a run of 5 books. Thank you