• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2020 "I WANT THIS TO BE ADDED TO A SET" REQUEST
19 19

756 posts in this topic

Matt,

Could you please add these to the Carla Cohen Cover set:

Notti & Nyce Cohen ""Nude"" Edition (2127053001)

Notti & Nyce Cohen ""Nude"" Foil Edition (2126680002)

Thank you. 

Slots Created. Thank you

Hello,

Please add

Silver Surfer: Black #2 (Camuncoli Sketch Cover)

Silver Surfer: Black #4 (2nd Printing)

Silver Surfer: Black #5 (Tormey Variant Cover A)

Silver Surfer: Black #5 (Tormey Variant Cover A)

to "Silver Surfer: Black (Complete)."

Thanks.

Slots Created. Thank you

On 6/3/2020 at 11:31 AM, david20009 said:

2) Harbinger (2012) 1 Chinese Edition - 2028585003.  I am confused why it cannot have its own slot.  There were two Chinese editions of Valiant books released at a media event three years after the books they reprinted were released.  They have different covers from the regular issues and are the two most expensive and desired Valiant issues since the 2012 relaunch.  The other book - Bloodshot 1 - Chinese edition has its own slot in the registry (although it should be more than 24 points - but that is a discussion for another thread).  Why can't Harbinger 1 Chinese edition have its own slot as well.  I am attaching a snippet from the registry showing Bloodshot 1 - Chinese edition being separate from Bloodshot 1, the regular Harbinger 1 cover (from 2012) and the Harbinger 1 Chinese (from 2015) If there is a demand for it as well as a decent volume graded, you can request a foreign edition set for a particular run or publisher. Creating a separate slot for a foreign edition can open a can of worms for our collectors as this would allow German/French/Mexican/Etc editions to be included in all sets if applicable. Unfortunately, you will find inconsistencies for this issue (as the registry has been around for a while and has had many admins) it is a gray area but I hope to clear that up soon with more concrete guidelines. 

Matt - Again thanks for all the hard work you have done on putting up the Valiant books.

I completely agree that it would be very annoy if foreign editions of titles were mixed in with regular series in most cases.  If I was collecting the Amazing Spider-man I would not want the 1969 Amazing Spider-man series sold in Spain to be mixed in with its registry set as they are obviously very different runs.  

Valiant Entertainment does not sell overseas foreign language versions of its comics.  It has done 4 comics in a language other than English, but they are not foreign editions.  It published a comic staring Rai with a Japanese incentive edition since the main character is Japanese. The Valiant #1 , which I mentioned in a post above, had a French incentive edition for an event Valiant was doing in Quebec. 

The two Chinese books, Bloodshot 1 (which is in the Registry) and Harbinger 1 (which is what I am asking to add) were published to commemorate and announce when DMG, a Chinese company, bought shares of Valiant Entertainment in 2015 (and last year they became the majority shareholder).  These two Chinese language books remain among the hottest Valiant and most expensive Valiant books.  The Top 10 May 2020 Valiant books has Harbinger #1 Chinese edition as the hottest book and Bloodshot #1 Chinese edition as #3    ( http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=53325 ).  No master set of Harbinger or Bloodshot would be considered complete without these two incentive books by any of the major Valiant collectors.  As it is an incentive cover and not a book found on foreign newsstands I hope you can reconsider and add Harbinger 1 Chinese edition to the registry.  Had DMG not become involved with Valiant their likely would not have been the Bloodshot movie (although whether DMG's involvement since becoming majority shareholder of Valiant has been positive is a topic much has been written about).  

May 2020 Valiant Top 10.jpg

Hi Matt,

I hope you and your loved ones are well.

Would you be so kind as to add the Moon Knight (2018) set to the Moon Knight (Master Set) please? A few of the books are on there, but not the whole series. I added #191 (2122106021) and #195 Variant edition (2122106024) to the 2018 set but they did not show up on the Master Set. As an aside, the 2018 Moon Knight set is showing double entry, meaning there are two slots for every book in the set. Also, has a decision been made about the Werewolf By Night #32 (and other 4 books) on the Moon Knight (1980s) set? Just wanted to check in since the registry awards are quickly approaching. Sorry so many components to this email

Thank you for your time and attention.

Take care and be safe,

Justin (jcronin)

Slots created and the duplicate entries have been removed. Please feel free to email me regarding the Moon Knight (1980) set questions as I do not recall it at this time. 

Thank you

matt@cgccomics.com

Hi.  Could I get Saga of the Swamp Thing #nn added to the Swamp Thing Alan Moore set?  Before you say no because it’s a TBP I want to point out that you already allowed a reprint from 2009 into this set.  Thanks.

Hello,

Unfortunately, TBP are not allowed in the registry and this would not qualify due to the title anyways.  I have updated the set to remove the Reprint as well as the annual since the set is specifically names "Swamp Thing #20-64 Alan More."

Z0 Swamp Thing TPB 1 a.jpg

Hi Matt,

I hope you are well. London is starting to loosen the lockdown a little.

I have selected a few more books for the Shannon Maer covers, I have these on order, ready to submit or hope to get:

Spider-Man 1 : Comic Mint C  reg 2542511005

Fallen Angels 1 Maer Virgin edition  reg 2098144009

Guardians of the Galaxy 1  comic mint virgin edition  reg  2099552006

Vampirella V5 #1   comic mint edition B  reg  2116305011

X men 3    comic mint  virgin edition   reg 2093087010

Penny for your soul 5  variant cover l  reg 2113340008

Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy 1 comic mint edition B reg 2076828008 comic mint edition D  reg  2542770023

Kind Regards

Robert

Hi Rob,

Thank you, I am doing well. Slots added. 

Hello Matt,

Happy Friday!!

Would you be kind enough to add Immortal Hulk #11 Variant Edition (2533357007) to the Immortal Hulk (2018) set?

Also House of M #4 Variant Edition (1278082003) to the House of M (1 - 8) set please?

Thank you, take care and have a great weekend.

Justin 

Slots Created. Thank you

Who do I talk to about removing a book from a registry set?  I've done some research. The set for Quantum and Woody has a slot for (0) and for (0 American Entertainment Exclusive)

There is no (0). All copies are American Entertainment Exclusive. 

The person who has the top set, has one in the (0) slot, but take the time to research the serial number and under (Key Comments) we see : American Entertainment exclusive.

Not sure what it would take to fix this but I plan to have 100% on my set one day and it currently looks like the only way that happens is if you grade one for me in the same way. 

TYVM

Hello,

I have removed the Quantum & Woody #0 American Entertainment Exclusive from the set as we have not graded this book. Thank you

Hi Matt,

Can you please add to the Sonic the Hedgehog (Mini-Series)

Knuckles: The Dark Legion #1

Thanks,

Mike :)

Hi Mike,

This is a separate mini-series that does not include Sonic in the title. This is not technically eligible for the Sonic Mini-series set. 

As I recommend with the prior Strange Stories from Another World set fix (to include the differently titled #1, which was renamed due to copyright issues), I recommend adding:

Worlds Beyond #1 (Fawcett Publications, 1951)

to the Worlds of Fear set. Just like with Strange Stories from Another World, the first issue was a different name and had to be renamed for issue #2 (hence why Worlds of Fear beings with issue two). This name change is already in the CGC database, as it mentions on the slabs for Worlds Beyond #1 the note "Only issue. Becomes Worlds of Fear."

Slot Created. Thank you

2020 "THIS SET DOESN'T EXIST, PLEASE BUILD" REQUEST

can you please create a giant size x-men1 foreign set

giant size X-men 1 (USA)

Projekt X Klassiker #2 (Denmark) 

Die Gruppe X #15 (German)

Special strange #24 (France) 

Patrulla X #1 (Spain) 

giant size X-men 1 (German) gold stamp variant reprint 

giant size X-men 1 true believers (USA)

Giant size X-men 1 marvel milestones #NN (USA)  

Marvel collectible classics X-men #5 (USA) reprints giant size X-men 1 

I’ll add more as I come across them and do more research 

Hello,

Unfortunately, CGC has not graded most of the Foreign Editions in your list. Also, this set request includes a handful of U.S. Editions. We are not able to create this set at this time. For future set requests, please post in the, "2020 This set doesn't exist, please build," thread as this thread is for slot requests. 

Thank you