• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crack or not to crack

7 posts in this topic

I have a very good friend that I trust going to a convention in spring 2020. As a late Christmas present he is offered to get one of my books signed by a comic creator that I really admire and re-slabbed after it's witnessed.

the problem is. He lives in New York and I'm in Michigan. Which means I would have to mail my book to him. The question is should I crack it out of the slab and mail it to him or not. If I crack it then it won't cost nearly as much as it would have sent it in the slab.

However the slab could add extra protection. And I know that CGC will be at the convention. So I know they could crack it while he's there, since he doesn't feel confident doing it himself.

So the question is when I mail my book. Should I crack it out of the slab or not.

8 minutes ago, lanternfan55 said:

More like $15

Flat rate priority is $15, regular mail for unslabbed is like 5-7$. So is the potential loss in grade worth the $10? Also your friend has to still transport that book from NY to where ever adding to the potential for damage.

Basically, keep it slabbed and let CGC take care of it at the convention. Less stress for everyone!