• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2019 and Rambling Thoughts on DWJ
1 1

28 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

My only issue with it is that you should allow people to pre-register their payment and mailing information so all they have to do is select the page they want and submit it to you for 1st come/1st serve review.

Good suggestion.

15 hours ago, Nexus said:

Wow, thanks for all the kind words, I truly appreciate them. Definitely beats the alternative type of thread! I swear I didn't pay Dichotomy. (Dichotomy, your check is in the mail!)

You know what I think about DWJ's art already, so let me share a couple of stories about him as a person:

Thanks Felix, fantastic stories, exactly the kind of explosive tmz content I was hoping for. And I think you can give up the pretense - everyone has figured out that you pay me in pre-drop picks! 😈

Another interesting aspect to Black Label that I noticed after one of my Wonder Woman : Dead Earth re-reads is the inclusion of Michele R. Wells in the end credits. I don’t see much YA synergy with Bat Wang, but actually WWDE is an interesting, out of the box potential read to introduce young readers to some classical content. I volunteer in the library at my son’s school and it’s mostly re-shelving books, but it’s very interesting to see what the kids are reading. I’ve been trying to get more graphic novels in there too. I don’t know about k-8, but I can definitely see WWDE at the High School. When you read the book, while monsters are halved and people injured, there’s almost no blood (a weird arbitration point apparently set decades ago) and very few human deaths. The language is accessible, and images captivating. I’ll definitely be handing this out to some older kids. It calls to mind authors like Paolo Bacigalupi (The Wind Up Girl and others - highly recommended - superb comic book adaption material) who write really well in one book for both adults and younger readers. 

21 hours ago, vodou said:

lollollol

18 hours ago, dichotomy said:

Low 5 figures?

37 minutes ago, Nexus said:

It’s been a wide range but yes, average is low five figures.

I saw the original quoted 5 and my brain saw 4 for whatever reason.

I left my lol response up unedited for the haters that think I don't own my mistakes ;)

I do. I own this one and all of them.

And now back to your regular :luhv:  DWJ programming!

23 hours ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

Also, you should tell your BSD pals to pony up for an entire issue if they don't want to compete with the hoi polloi for individual pages. Most of us ham and eggers can't spend the 5 figures it would take to buy an entire issue, so they should have a much easier time of it.

For what it's worth, At the L.A. Comic Art Con, I (re)met a deep-pocketed collector whom I congratulated on his recent acquisition of a cover from one of Felix's guys. I asked him how he was able to get the cover before the drop and it turns out that Felix told him that if he wanted the cover he had to buy the book. So the collector did.