• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BEST OF 2019: BUDGET EDITION - Discussion Thread
1 1

42 posts in this topic

Slight rule change to include sales tax and BP in the total price of the art. But if anyone already posted something where sales tax pushed it over $500, don't take it down.

Edited by BCarter27

11 minutes ago, alxjhnsn said:

I decided to include what I paid so that people can see that really attractive pieces are available for not a lot of money (though I admit that "not a lot" is VERY relative). Also, I hope that it encourages people on a budget to keep at it. There's good material at almost every price point.

Well put, and this has been very fun -- swell examples throughout the thread.  Thanks to boardies for their votes.

Paid 350 for the Chamber of Chills ghost page (first issue from the original GA series), 500 for the early Milo Manara page, and 300 for the Jae Lee Namor page with Namorita.

41 minutes ago, alxjhnsn said:

I decided to include what I paid so that people can see that really attractive pieces are available for not a lot of money (though I admit that "not a lot" is VERY relative). Also, I hope that it encourages people on a budget to keep at it. There's good material at almost every price point.

I like that idea, I added the prices to mine too

4 hours ago, damonwatson said:

Are we supposed to list the price as well...

kinda would be nice to see when you’re judging between a $499 commission through the artist and a $20 Jim Lee x-men page from a garage sale...

Totally optional! We're on the honor system. But overall, I'd like everyone to judge based on the art. Based on years past, as well as the CAF Best Of, when you take price out of the mix it's very interesting to see how people start evaluating things.

1 hour ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

I don't think it's necessary to include the price paid for a piece. As long as it's under the limit, that's fine. I had to withdraw a piece I posted because I forgot how much I paid for it, and it exceeded the limit! (Oops!). So I posted a replacement.

Agreed !