• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2020 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
14 14

1,163 posts in this topic

Personally for me I never slab sketch covers. Hell only have slab 1 book. Though I do have a few I plan to get slab in near future. Personally I rather deal with cgc direct at a show. Vs mailing and it could get damaged or lost and what not.

21 hours ago, Webhead2018 said:

Personally for me I never slab sketch covers. Hell only have slab 1 book. Though I do have a few I plan to get slab in near future. Personally I rather deal with cgc direct at a show. Vs mailing and it could get damaged or lost and what not.

You can pay a couple hundred dollars to have a sketch professionally matted and framed or you could send it to CGC where it does offer some protection with the slab and does certify what it a grade and who made the sketch. It’s also documented in their system

For me I don't feel the need to slab my sketch covers. As they are just for me and no plans to sell them. Plus I have them bag and board and put in comic boxes. Slab bing I feel is more important to key old books and book you want sig on and what not. Which is why I only done 1 cgc sign book so far. Also I only seen cgc rep at one show in last few years I go too. So that is other factor.

41 minutes ago, Ron C. said:

Sorry, one more that UPS just dropped off...  Ben Temples sketch cover signed by Matt Ryan (thanks to @Kevlar for the signature).

Constantine 98.jpg

I was looking at this cover before he went AWOL.  Yet another artist I will never work with.....be warned about Ben Temples

Edited by ivdyer