• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2020 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
14 14

1,163 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Brooklynmet said:

Mail Call. Just received these treasures from CGC.  All sketches done by the legendary Mike DeCarlo.

A50FAC15-60AC-4357-A20A-834432E1A5D2.jpeg

C7C2E8AC-6606-4660-925F-3FC3D0FEF138.jpeg

63B4A307-C33B-438F-9884-B968F9F79278.jpeg

8E95F374-5C1E-46B1-B965-B766CF9B5543.jpeg

This is simply some gorgeous pieces. Congrats brother.

Edited by RayJr
Forgot to add some words

17 hours ago, cgcsketcherz said:

Greg Woronchak recreation of a classic Luis Garcia-Lopez Wonder Woman cover. Might have Steve Lydic color it one day.

20200430_102317.jpg

I like this one. Got that classic Cheetah look.

On 4/29/2020 at 11:59 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I don't know the character, but in my opinion that looks really good! :shy: 

It's Pepper Potts from Endgame. The comic version debuted in Matt Fraction's run of Iron Man. 

On 4/29/2020 at 12:16 PM, RayJr said:

Freakin dope!

Thanks bro!

47 minutes ago, FAKadar said:

It's Pepper Potts from Endgame. The comic version debuted in Matt Fraction's run of Iron Man. 

Thanks bro!

Anytime brother 

Back from cgc.

Signed and sketched by Instagram artist Aaron Benson. This is his first sketch to be slabbed. Love the way he does his signature too.

If my cons get cancelled this summer, which I'm sure will happen, I might just have aaron do a scooby version of this....

20200502_110221.jpg

Edited by cgcsketcherz
Spelling error.

1 minute ago, cgcsketcherz said:

Back from cgc.

Signed and sketched by Instagram artist Aaron Benson. This is his first sketch to be slabbed. Love the way he does his signature too.

If my cons get cancelled this summer, which I'm sure will happen, I might just have aaron do a scooby version of this....

20200502_110221.jpg

That's awesome, and congrats on the 9.8! I'm loving these parodies lol there was a commission in the original art section of the boards where: it had "Animal" from Sesame Street and it redid the cover to Wolverine Limited Series #2. Shows animal with a match lit, with another like he is holding drumsticks (for drums) it's even got a picture of Kermit in the UPC box like Spidey was done during that time lol 

Your's with a Rambo and slang, haha "Duckin' Around" that's great! I'm shocked that these impress me so much, I guess the fact that I wanted a Photo-Op with Weird Al this year makes a lot more sense haha

TO THE kind of PARODIES :tink: 

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

That's awesome, and congrats on the 9.8! I'm loving these parodies lol there was a commission in the original art section of the boards where: it had "Animal" from Sesame Street and it redid the cover to Wolverine Limited Series #2. Shows animal with a match lit, with another like he is holding drumsticks (for drums) it's even got a picture of Kermit in the UPC box like Spidey was done during that time lol 

Your's with a Rambo and slang, haha "Duckin' Around" that's great! I'm shocked that these impress me so much, I guess the fact that I wanted a Photo-Op with Weird Al this year makes a lot more sense haha

TO THE kind of PARODIES :tink: 

Thank you, I always enjoy crossover mashups. Especially scooby since the 70's and recent reboots of teamups make it more believable.

Just wish the ups guy didn't lightly toss the package onto the porch doormat. Inner well slightly shifts slightly when you move book side to side. Then again the book had to travel three days from cgc so can't say how it happened. Since I want the writers and artists to sign the back one day, I'm not wasting another slab fee now, it did however ensure no newton rings. I did see the animal wolverine it is cool!