• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2020 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
14 14

1,163 posts in this topic

On 8/19/2020 at 7:04 PM, ivdyer said:

Sorah Suhng

659A02C1-C4C4-4FDC-A489-A7F9A00CB709.thumb.jpeg.53944150eb0402fd1f61e1388559da0f.jpeg

Sutton Kane

A4B445B7-57C4-49EF-9106-8BC8469900E7.thumb.jpeg.758ed9e80dea7c50d5eced8677306553.jpegE649C651-39B9-459F-AFE1-B3B9ECD46AD4.thumb.jpeg.765a200953fc32a72a747808c57e6c67.jpeg

Loving that Ahsoka Tano sketch. How much was it if you don’t mind me asking?

Edited by RayJr

58 minutes ago, xNerdyThingsx said:

Question: I have a CGC 9.8 signed sketch cover without a sketch. I know a lot of artists but I’m not exactly sure about the best process to getting it verified/cracked, sketched, then resubmitted. Does anyone have a good option during covid times?

You cant open that slab without voiding the yellow label. The other option is to have the artist open it before starting work and use the creator agreement, but even then Im not sure that would preserve the yellow label for the initial signature.You would have to use a facilitator for this I believe.

23 minutes ago, Avi said:

You cant open that slab without voiding the yellow label. The other option is to have the artist open it before starting work and use the creator agreement, but even then Im not sure that would preserve the yellow label for the initial signature.You would have to use a facilitator for this I believe.

@xNerdyThingsx  It sounds like it is a blue label because he said it is without a sketch.  If it is a blue label then he and or the artist can crack it open.  If for some reason it is a yellow label - then for sure contact a facilitator to help out with this.  But I agree that the first step is to contact CGC to get a copy of the creator agreement form that NerdyThings and the artist need to fill out.  

7 minutes ago, DELTA 62 said:

@xNerdyThingsx  It sounds like it is a blue label because he said it is without a sketch.  If it is a blue label then he and or the artist can crack it open.  If for some reason it is a yellow label - then for sure contact a facilitator to help out with this.  But I agree that the first step is to contact CGC to get a copy of the creator agreement form that NerdyThings and the artist need to fill out.  

1 hour ago, xNerdyThingsx said:

I have a CGC 9.8 signed sketch cover without a sketch.

He said it was a signed sketch cover, so it should be a SS.

2 hours ago, xNerdyThingsx said:

Thanks all! Yeah, it’s already a signed blank cover so I’ll sort out a facilitator. Is there a list somewhere? I have the right creator agreements for when I do this from scratch but it’s a signed book that I bought. 

I don't know of a list but there might be one somewhere on these boards.  I do know @Triston Pence - he is a facilitator.