• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2020 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
14 14

1,163 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Brooklynmet said:

This is incredible work was done by the Italian artist Aurelio Rigoni.  Both are being sent to CGC  when complete.  Highly recommend and very affordable.  Check him out on Facebook

65C17D73-D7FD-47A5-AFCB-CF92F8947B51.jpeg

59D54FA2-1DC4-486A-B8CA-56B354BBB8E6.jpeg

Be very careful, I have worked with him before.  He is a scam artist.  Still has yet to produce covers or refund my money. He has done so with several other individuals.  I hope it works out for you.  

39 minutes ago, ivdyer said:

Be very careful, I have worked with him before.  He is a scam artist.  Still has yet to produce covers or refund my money. He has done so with several other individuals.  I hope it works out for you.  

He’s been very honest with me and one of the books is already at CGC.  I think he does excellent work.  

Edited by Brooklynmet
Additional info

20 minutes ago, Brooklynmet said:

He’s been very honest with me and one of the books is already at CGC.  I think he does excellent work.  

I was the first to bring him to the boards and have his first several CGC books.  My first round of covers went without a hitch beyond some shipping errors.  The second round it became apparent that he no intention of sending me my completed covers or giving me a refund.  I would not recommend him to any board member and I have said so in much earlier posts on this thread and private messages to several individuals.  I ask that you use caution and anyone seeking him out to give pause.     

3 hours ago, Brooklynmet said:

This is incredible work was done by the Italian artist Aurelio Rigoni.  Both are being sent to CGC  when complete.  Highly recommend and very affordable.  Check him out on Facebook

65C17D73-D7FD-47A5-AFCB-CF92F8947B51.jpeg

59D54FA2-1DC4-486A-B8CA-56B354BBB8E6.jpeg

The Action 1000 is awesome!

18 hours ago, Brooklynmet said:

I haven’t had any problems with the artist knock on wood.  Lol always a risk with international artists.  No repercussions if there is a problem 

I asked him a price quote and now he is messaging me 24/7 and still no price quote 😂 

5 hours ago, RayJr said:

I asked him a price quote and now he is messaging me 24/7 and still no price quote 😂 

Well there is a bit of a language barrier With him being from Italy but he gives me the price upfront.  The price usually includes the book, art and shipping.  I’m not mailing him the book.  I once mailed a book to Tom Grummett in Canada and it took over a month. Not his fault but frustrating 

Edited by Brooklynmet
Spelling

4 hours ago, Complex306 said:

May I inquire what happened?

I contacted him about doing a commission with 3 characters, Thundarr The Barbarian, He-Man & Blackstar around August 2015. He charged me $155. I was stoked because I grew up on those characters. I had him come on my Comic Talk show as a guest and was definitely excited to hear how he got started in the industry. I sent him the blank cover in August 2015. Due to being in the Army, I was in and out of the field training so I was keeping busy. Below starts the conversation after I hadn’t heard anything from him in awhile. 

Sent: Sunday, May 01, 2016 11:46 PM
Subject: Comic

Hello Tom, I was wondering if you received the blank cover variant I sent? Hope all is well.

May 2, 2016 at 10:46 AM

I did get it... I will get on it asnd get it back to you ASAP, Tom

May 24, 2016 at 4:37 AM

Hello Tom, I was just writing to tell you I have a address now in TX but we won't be moving in until 7 July. I will email you the address later today. Just wanted to keep you updated. Hope all is well.

Jul 10, 2016 at 9:47 PM

Hello Tom, I finally have my new address for you to send my sketch. My address is 

Raymond E. Franklin Jr
11741 SGT Alexander Kenaday St. 
El Paso, TX 79908

Thanks

Jul 11, 2016 at 1:03 PM

Thanks Ray, Tom

Sep 11, 2016 at 9:28 PM

Hello Tom, how is everything going? I was wondering how much longer until I get my commissioned sketch? Hope all is well with you and the family.

Dec 10, 2016 at 5:54 PM

Hello, I am writing in regards to see when I am getting my sketch cover? It is going on 16 months and I think I have waited patiently long enough. If I had known it was going to take this long then I wouldn't have requested a commission. I guess you can tell by this email I am a little upset. I got it you have bigger projects and that is understandable but I feel my money was just as important as the next person if I sent it to you last Aug 17th, 2015. I hope all is well and would like to know when I expect my commission to be in the mail. Thank you for your time.

Dec 10, 2016 at 11:50 PM

Hi Ray, Don't blame you for being angry! We purchased a new home and after packing everything up at the home we sold we were expecting to move right into the new home. There was a problem with the loan so we had to stay in a hotel for almost a month before we could finally move in. All of my artwork, including yours, was packed up and put in a storage pod so I couldn't get to anything until we finally moved into the new home. I didn't have email access either during this time but we moved in last week and I now have everything so give me your address and I will get this on it's way to you, Tom

Dec 11, 2016 at 12:10 AM

Raymond E. Franklin Jr
11741 SGT Alexander Kenaday St
El Paso, TX 79908

Dec 16, 2016 at 8:22 PM

Tom, I received my sketch today and I am highly upset. I paid you $155 for 3 characters ( Thundarr, He-Man and Blackstar) and you only provided one. In the email from your old address you straight out told me you normally charge more for a blank cover but since I have been waiting so long that it was no charge. I waited 16 months for a sketch I thought I was getting that you said was no problem to get in the mail a incomplete commission. I want my money back. I have never been so mad in my life. Is this how you treat your customers? I don't want no more prints or anything, I just want my money back.

Dec 16, 2016 at 9:52 PM

I am so sorry Ray. Obviously I forgot you wanted the 3 of them on the cover otherwise I certainly wouldn't have sent you just Thundarr. I am not happy with me either because I don't want fans ticked off at me and this is all on me. I will refund you but I won't be able to until after I get paid on the 23rd. Is this email address your paypal ID? Tom

Dec 24, 2016 at 8:38 PM

Hi Ray, I was under the impression that we got our SS check on the 23rd but I found out that it comes the 4th Wednesday of the month but as soon as I receive it I will refund you, Tom

That is my experience with him. After I did a video on YouTube about my frustration, a gentleman messaged me that Tom Cook had took some of art and applied his name to it. I have since then had home commissions done from artists that the longest I’ve waited for was 2 weeks but they sent pics of the progress. I totally understand that people get busy but for a customer to wait that long (I’ve heard stories of people waiting longer than me) and then finally get your commission only for it to be incomplete is mind blowing. 

6 hours ago, RayJr said:

He will message you non stop, you may or may not get what you asked for. He also copies quite a bit so your never guaranteed an original or it’s an exact copy of someone else work.