• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2020 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
14 14

1,163 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, ivdyer said:

He will message you non stop, you may or may not get what you asked for. He also copies quite a bit so your never guaranteed an original or it’s an exact copy of someone else work. 

Thanks for the heads up brother. The dude now sent me a friend request on Facebook 😂 

RE: Aury

If by some miracle you do manage to get an original, non copied book...DO EVERYTHING in your power to not let him see your home address and ship to it.

I would almost go so far as to say you should go in to PayPal and change your address to CGCs address when you go to pay him.

A mixup at CGC headquarters would be a lot easier to fix with some phone calls than getting a fresh stack of 3 artist commissions delivered to your front door in a paper padded envelope with a single backing board per comic. 

Ask me how I know...

Keep tabs on your PayPal deadlines as well...

Edited by dshre00

2 hours ago, RayJr said:

That is my experience with him

Wow, that's crazy. Really appreciate you posting the full convo. I can understand delays or hiccups sometimes, but 16 months?!? That's just insane. He seemed contrite enough so at least he didn't get all defensive but still.

57 minutes ago, dshre00 said:

RE: Aury

If by some miracle you do manage to get an original, non copied book...DO EVERYTHING in your power to not let him see your home address and ship to it.

I would almost go so far as to say you should go in to PayPal and change your address to CGCs address when you go to pay him.

A mixup at CGC headquarters would be a lot easier to fix with some phone calls than getting a fresh stack of 3 artist commissions delivered to your front door in a paper padded envelope with a single backing board per comic. 

Ask me how I know...

Keep tabs on your PayPal deadlines as well...

My initial batch was sent to me as well after multiple messages containing the CGC address.  They were packed horribly.  

1 hour ago, RayJr said:

Thanks for the heads up brother. The dude now sent me a friend request on Facebook 😂 

It's one thing if it just happened to me but it has happened to multiple board members. I am happy for the person that he has not screwed over but I would proceed with great caution.   

9 minutes ago, Complex306 said:

Wow, that's crazy. Really appreciate you posting the full convo. I can understand delays or hiccups sometimes, but 16 months?!? That's just insane. He seemed contrite enough so at least he didn't get all defensive but still.

Yea that is one thing I was surprised at. I mean he brought joy to my childhood with those characters but I just can’t forget the service he provided. He was great when he came on my show to talk about the industry. 

2 hours ago, ivdyer said:

He will message you non stop, you may or may not get what you asked for. He also copies quite a bit so your never guaranteed an original or it’s an exact copy of someone else work. 

He owes me 5 or 6 covers. Supposedly, they were done and then he "lost them in his suitcase" while flying.  Buyer beware. If you do buy, get them one at a time.

19 minutes ago, Ron C. said:

He owes me 5 or 6 covers. Supposedly, they were done and then he "lost them in his suitcase" while flying.  Buyer beware. If you do buy, get them one at a time.

Sorry to hear that brother. I’m not getting anything from him now after hearing all of this. I had one commission so far from out of country and that was Clara Bujtor. She was awesome 

37 minutes ago, RayJr said:

Sorry to hear that brother. I’m not getting anything from him now after hearing all of this. I had one commission so far from out of country and that was Clara Bujtor. She was awesome 

Clara is top notch, she is awesome to work with.