• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2020 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
14 14

1,163 posts in this topic

Hey all, I just want advice on where I should put this and if I am allowed to. I share my sketch collection quite a bit online and in facebook groups and sometimes freelancers will reach out to me to see if I'd like them to add to it. I tend to say no because all my sketches are in specific thematic sketch books so I only get sketches done at shows (also helps me limit my spending). Anyways, those who write to me are usually amateurs BUT today I got a message from non other than Joe Rubenstein, who is none other than Frank Miller's inker on the Wolverine Mini Series covers. He pencils too and is open for commissions (and it's not expensive). He gave me all his info and since part of it includes him doing sketch covers that he will then send to CGC, I figured some of you here might be interested. I just want to know where's the best place I should post it and if I can since I guess this could be seen as solicitation even though this has nothing to do with me.

11 hours ago, William-James88 said:

Hey all, I just want advice on where I should put this and if I am allowed to. I share my sketch collection quite a bit online and in facebook groups and sometimes freelancers will reach out to me to see if I'd like them to add to it. I tend to say no because all my sketches are in specific thematic sketch books so I only get sketches done at shows (also helps me limit my spending). Anyways, those who write to me are usually amateurs BUT today I got a message from non other than Joe Rubenstein, who is none other than Frank Miller's inker on the Wolverine Mini Series covers. He pencils too and is open for commissions (and it's not expensive). He gave me all his info and since part of it includes him doing sketch covers that he will then send to CGC, I figured some of you here might be interested. I just want to know where's the best place I should post it and if I can since I guess this could be seen as solicitation even though this has nothing to do with me.

I met Joe at a convention once. Despite being ultra busy he agreed to squeeze me in on a jam request and even said if he couldn't get to it by the time I had to leave (only had a one day pass) that he would refund my payment since it would be fair. I'd say go for it! In my experience when an artist is excited about an idea you have, the quality of the work shows it. Plus, not all artist are willing to send it in to CGC for you so you have a win- win!20200506_105257.thumb.jpg.1e9a4fea098be3a211ede5f01d7607e6.jpg'

He did the Taskmaster bottom row first spot at East Coast Comic Con 2019.

5 minutes ago, cgcsketcherz said:

I met Joe at a convention once. Despite being ultra busy he agreed to squeeze me in on a jam request and even said if he couldn't get to it by the time I had to leave (only had a one day pass) that he would refund my payment since it would be fair. I'd say go for it! In my experience when an artist is excited about an idea you have, the quality of the work shows it. Plus, not all artist are willing to send it in to CGC for you so you have a win- win!20200506_105257.thumb.jpg.1e9a4fea098be3a211ede5f01d7607e6.jpg'

I remember when you started this but didn't remember the completed piece, thanks for posting! Awesome :x 

26 minutes ago, cgcsketcherz said:

Thanks, but I'd like to know where on these boards I can post the info he gave me so that others could contact him for the sketch opportunity.

On 9/26/2020 at 12:55 AM, William-James88 said:

I would recommend FB sketch comic book sketches prices group

On 9/26/2020 at 12:55 AM, William-James88 said:

Rubenstein has strung a lot of people out a LOT of times.  Please, please please, CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!!

4 hours ago, seanfingh said:

Rubenstein has strung a lot of people out a LOT of times.  Please, please please, CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!!

I have had nothing but positive experiences working with Joe. If you are on FB, Joe will message you back quicker than I message back some relatives.  lol

6 minutes ago, Ron C. said:

I have had nothing but positive experiences working with Joe. If you are on FB, Joe will message you back quicker than I message back some relatives.  lol

I have dealt with Joe in the past and I initially was not pleased with the end result. The end product was in my opinion poor quality.  I will say that once I informed him of this he made it right.