• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2020 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
14 14

1,163 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, srezvan said:

This may be my only sketch cover this year with all the con cancellations. I like to come up with mashups of characters. I thought about a Star Wars Royal Guard fighting a G.I. Joe Royal Guard (the G.I. Joe movie was, and still is, awesome). This was done by Jason Sobol. I've had a few things done by him over the years, including my Mt. Cobramore (Mt. Rushmore parody with Cobra characters), which was one of my first sketches ever. I really like his G.I. Joe and other 80s characters. He's always great to work with and is reasonably priced. If you'd like to see his other work, you can reach him here: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Jason-Sobol-Art-111703360364464/posts/

Royal Guard vs Royal Guard 05 - Final Scan.jpg

Straight 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

3 hours ago, cgcsketcherz said:

Bucket List Grail Piece back in hand.

When I started sketch cover ideas back in 2015 I had a dream list.

East Coast Comic Con 2016 or 2017 I wanted George Perez to do a Scooby Infinity Gauntlet but that was the show he sadly had to cancel due to his health scare.

Flash forward to Heroes Con 2018 @Rich_Henn was able to get Joe Staton to bring my idea to life.

Then East Coast Comic Con 2019 I kept missing the line for Perez to sign this. I thought it wasn't to be.

Then, Private signings and facilitator help! Dan from @Par2ch was able to add Steve Lydic colors and got George Perez through CGC.

Somethings are worth the wait.

Might add Ron Lim and Jim Starlin on the back one day when world is normal again.

20201019_203538.jpg

20201019_203545.jpg

Congrats on another awesome Scooby sketch!

Haven't been chasing too many sketches lately but that was one I was looking at. Love the Leia's and color Boba Fett he did but they're to rich for me right now.

Edited by TYPE-R

29 minutes ago, cgcsketcherz said:

I had these two commission ideas at the beginning of 2020 for comic cons this year where the actors/cartoon voice talents would attend. 

I still want to get Alice Cooper and Adam Savage to sign their respective Scooby Covers. When the world is save again.

Done by Matthew Parton

20201021_194357.jpg

20201021_195358.jpg

Jamie is the groundskeeper Haha classic!!!

Alice cooper will be a nice addition as well lol