• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2020 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
14 14

1,163 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, ivdyer said:
11 hours ago, jitasaw said:

Patience is a virtue. I have been watching this book for close to two years. I have always wanted to pair it with my other two Eternal Soulfire books. The seller wanted an astronomical amount of money for it. We bantered back and forth on several occasions and finally we came to a reasonable agreement.  Happy to add this Stiegerwald to the Soulfire collection.....AE7317BA-29D2-4427-83A5-BC66F31DDE66.thumb.jpeg.59cde506483028fa4dad6e7c0a034421.jpegA282A47C-8C11-41DC-9236-C3B7E98561A8.thumb.jpeg.7b7ba90e87b6d501518636e437c0e492.jpeg

Expand  

This is my book and in my possession 

Now, now, ivdyer... are you absolutely sure this book is in your collection and that you're not confusing this one with one of the other bazillion gorgeous sketches you own? lol

I, too, find it odd that someone else would make this claim.

2 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

are we just claiming books from @ivdyer's collection to start off 2021?  In that case, I'd like to claim the Michael Turner remarked book.  :roflmao:

I am going to have to take a picture “proof of life” style, me holding a newspaper with current date and book when I get home on Sunday. 

Edited by ivdyer

5 hours ago, ExNihilo said:
  17 hours ago, ivdyer said:

Meaning I don’t know who this is personally but it is someone who is taking credit for a book that is not theirs 

Sadly, it happens more often than we would like! I have had a dishonest seller trying to sell me a book they did not own off of eBay!

This, was probably the hardest sketch to add this past year. Back in 2019, this sketch first showed up on ebay for sale. I had it in my watch list but it was a bit too pricey for me at the time (and it was in a CBCS holder which is not always a turn off but I tend to prefer CGC) so it sat until one day it was no longer for sale having been sold. I figure you can't win them all. Then fast forward this August it became for sale again. I thought maybe the new seller had it to sell so I bought it. A tracking number was provided and almost a month later the tracking said label created awaiting arrival at usps. I emailed about it and was assured it was sent and told to check tracking. I did and it said the same thing. Imagine my surprise when this same sketch cover came for sale on eBay from a different seller in a different state over a month from my first purchase.

I asked the second seller I know this may sound silly but can you tell me if this sketch is actually at your house and I explained my hesitation. He sent me a timestamp photo proving he had it in hand. I bought this sketch a second time (and for a cheaper price) and when it arrived it had the same I'd number on the slab as the first auction, it was the same sketch! I asked for a refund from the first seller and the seller assured me he mailed it and he got the sketch at a con from Patrick Owsley directly telling me I must be mistaken and it could not be possible! 

I informed him about my second auction and told him to search it, and brought up CBCS database only shows one Owsley sketch in 9.6. Surprisingly he never responded back and ebay stepped in to refund within 24 hours. 

image.jpeg

10 minutes ago, cgcsketcherz said:

Sadly, it happens more often than we would like! I have had a dishonest seller trying to sell me a book they did not own off of eBay!

This, was probably the hardest sketch to add this past year. Back in 2019, this sketch first showed up on ebay for sale. I had it in my watch list but it was a bit too pricey for me at the time (and it was in a CBCS holder which is not always a turn off but I tend to prefer CGC) so it sat until one day it was no longer for sale having been sold. I figure you can't win them all. Then fast forward this August it became for sale again. I thought maybe the new seller had it to sell so I bought it. A tracking number was provided and almost a month later the tracking said label created awaiting arrival at usps. I emailed about it and was assured it was sent and told to check tracking. I did and it said the same thing. Imagine my surprise when this same sketch cover came for sale on eBay from a different seller in a different state over a month from my first purchase.

I asked the second seller I know this may sound silly but can you tell me if this sketch is actually at your house and I explained my hesitation. He sent me a timestamp photo proving he had it in hand. I bought this sketch a second time (and for a cheaper price) and when it arrived it had the same I'd number on the slab as the first auction, it was the same sketch! I asked for a refund from the first seller and the seller assured me he mailed it and he got the sketch at a con from Patrick Owsley directly telling me I must be mistaken and it could not be possible! 

I informed him about my second auction and told him to search it, and brought up CBCS database only shows one Owsley sketch in 9.6. Surprisingly he never responded back and ebay stepped in to refund within 24 hours. 

image.jpeg

There is a story behind every sketch but that is definitely one to hold onto